PDA

View Full Version : X-POST: Where can I buy NICE bras?

littleme2
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi, I just weaned my 23mo old. This is the first time since November 2002 that I'm not pregnant or nursing. I weaned about a week and a half ago.

While DH and I were being intimate yesterday, I started leaking. So, there is still a little bit of milk there.

When can I be measured for a new bra?

I'm normally very tiny - between an A and B.

Thanks.

Also, any recommendations on where to go to buy nice bras?

JulieL
12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I weaned just about 2 months ago. I got fitted for a new bra one month after I weaned. I went to Nords to be fitted, hopped over to Victoria's to see what they had just to find out 32C is not a size they make :0 I found that Natari bras fit me best as there isn't a whole lot in them anymore, but are still full when you go horizontally (make sence?) I bought a couple of them at an awesome price on www.bareneccessities.com

GL!

Oh and at a local boutique I found a lacy one that fits awesome by Lepel, I think it's an itallian maker, whatever it fits so I took it! Buying bras after weaning has been a major frustration for me, apparently cheap bras don't come in my size and the cuts I need :(

bostonsmama
12-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I really like the Olga bras. They have them at Macy's, Nordies, and occassionally TJMaxx. I've been everything from a large B to a DD (when preggo) and now that I'm losing weight I'm a 36D...inching my way towards a C.

If you like underwire, I love my Body by Victoria shaping full coverage bras (I have 3-black, white, nude). They fit my breast shape best and look phenomenal under t-shirts. IMO the Ipex isn't worth the extra $7.

For super-duper sexy, the Victoria's Secret Angel's Embrace plunge push up bra gives fantastic cleavage. I have it in black and LOVE this bra for special occassions. It's hand-wash only, though. A girlfriend (a B cup) got me to buy one...with this bra she looked like D!

And of course there's the Oprah-recommended bra, but I don't remember what it is...out of my price range.

linsei
12-13-2006, 04:15 PM
I just got measured at Nordstrom and bought a couple there. They probably fit better than any other bra I've had. I was wearing 36B, and they suggested 34D. I spent $100+ on Wacoal 2 bras. I stopped at Filene's Basement on the way home, and they had the same brand, different style, so I picked up a couple more there for $20-$25 each.

I would suggest getting fitted at Nordie's, but I would probably wait until after your milk is gone. Then go somewhere cheaper to stock up ;)

Linda

http://b3.lilypie.com/64MSm4/.png[/img][/url]

SnuggleBuggles
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
You can over pay for LaPerla. :)

But, the Body by Victoria line is pretty good for basic bras.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? I have about 5 of these bras and it happen on 4 of 5 of them, they make noise when I move. I thught it was because I was machine washing and drying them; it was my punishment for not following the rules. But, it happened with a brand new one.

I have the underwire, full coverage ones.

ANyone else have this problem? Is there a remedy?

Beth

lisams
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Mine don't. I'm wearing the underwire full coverage body by victoria right now (no padding), and tried moving it around - no creaking. I machine wash and hang dry.

I love the body by victoria bras! They are so comfy!

katiesmommy
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
These are my new favorite bras too. I've never noticed them creaking though.

Piglet
12-13-2006, 06:04 PM
I am 20 weeks PG and was miserable because I had no bras that fit. We were just in San Diego last week and I made a point of going to Nordstroms to get fitted after reading about them on the boards here. I realise that I might still change a bit through the pregnancy, but I am thrilled with the service at Nordstroms and the fit of the bras is exceptional. I will say that when I went to a bra boutique here after I had weaned DS2, I was told to wait a few months for a proper bra fitting. They are pricey and you will likely change a bit in the next few months. If you are desperate (which I was last week), then go ahead and buy a couple well fitted bras, but keep in mind that they may not be the 'perfect' bra in a few months.

mamaturk
12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Oh my goodness!! I thought I was the only one with creaky bras around here...... Mine totally do the same thing! It's still my favorite bra, but the sound is kinda weird. :)

bostonsmama
12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I have the lined (it's not really padding, but it's a soft almost foam layer--I like nip protection!!) and every once in a blue moon I'll get a creak when I push in the cups to fold and store them in the dresser. I've been wearing mine all day and no creaks. I couldn't even make them creak just now, and I'm a little sore from all the attempts. IME, VS's return policy is very lenient. My aunt says she's returned bras that started to fray a year after buying them with no hassel whatsoever. But I machine was my bras with delicate items--i.e. no jeans or zippers (although on a regular wash cycle) and hang dry and for the most part I don't have that problem. Maybe you could try a warm wash on gentle w/ some fabric softener? Then hang dry and fluff for 10 minutes on med high heat w/ some dry bath towels and see if that helps. I think sometimes line drying in the cold winter months can make fabrics stiff, which might be making the cups creak.

farleygirl
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I had the lined ones (not padded) and they creaked, too. Bizarre. I stopped wearing them.

Then again, I haven't worn a normal bra in a couple of years ... can't wait to get in one again sometime.

shilo
12-14-2006, 12:18 AM
i waited about 6weeks once he weaned (just before 15months). i got fitted at nordies as a treat to myself and picked up one walcoal (awareness bra) and one natori (memory underwire contour). after wearing them about a month or so, i definitely decided that the natori is much more comfortable at the end of a long day than the walcoal on me. so my suggestion would be, when you do go get fitted for some really nice bra's, buy one of one or two styles or brands and wear them for a while before you invest in one particular style or brand. i've since picked up another of the natori's and it is as comfortable as the first. i'd like to get one more still so i can be on a 1 - in the drawer ready to go, 1 - to wear, 1- in the wash kind of rotation that some people here do.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.