PDA

View Full Version : DD isn't charmed by mall Santa

Ceepa
12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
I dressed up both kids and took them to the mall by myself yesterday. For the first time DS was OK sitting with Santa so I thought, "Hey, this is going to go well." HA!

I handed DD to Santa and she was fine for about 1.4 seconds until she saw that I had stepped away from her. She looked at me quizzically for a moment as if to say, "Wait a minute, Mama. If you're over there ... then ... who's holding me????" She slowly turned her little head, tipped her face up to look at Santa, her mouth dropped open in a mask of horror and the scream she's been saving deep in her soul rose up and filled the entire atrium outside of Sears.

I felt bad buying the photo, but someone told me it was a rite of passage to have the screaming baby with Santa photo. Do you guys have these too?

-Ceepa

tarynsmum
12-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah, DD had the same reaction this past weekend when we took her. But I could never have written it so histerically!!!

"She slowly turned her little head, tipped her face up to look at Santa, her mouth dropped open in a mask of horror and the scream she's been saving deep in her soul rose up and filled the entire atrium outside of Sears."

That is just too funny. ROTFL!

clc053103
12-15-2006, 12:30 PM
DS had the exact same reaction. His hysterical screaming and crying had the entire line entertained. I bought the photo- but reduced the package I was buying. It's the same santa from last year, when DS was a smiley joy- I've been showing the photos together as a before and after.

MIL says she has a collection of DH doing the same thing, year after year.

ellies mom
12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
My child likes Santa in theory but not the reality. She wants to see him but then we can't even get her near him so we don't try. I think the crying photos are cute though.

JBaxter
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Nathan did really well this year but this was our "rite of passage" picture at 13months. My scanner isnt working or I would do before and after pics.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/jeanaspictures/NathanSanta2004.jpg

blueeyedb
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
This is exactly what DS did, to the letter. We actually ended up with a pic of him looking up at Santa about .5 seconds before he melted down.

Ceepa
12-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Showed the photo to the grandparents today and they loved it.

Jeana, that picture is too funny! I love how Santa just keeps on smiling. In our photo, Santa has the goofiest grin and it adds to the bizarre composition.

-Ceepa

mamato1
12-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Yep, see my post about the differnce a year makes!
Chris

Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png