PDA

View Full Version : Need gift idea

jenjenfirenjen
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM
OK, I need your creative ideas. I had this brilliant idea that everyone in our family would make gifts instead of buying this year. Of course I'm totally regretting it since it's now Dec 15th and I haven't done a single thing for my brother.

Here's the 411 on him. He's 23. In college and works full-time in a wireless store. He's into music. He's training in jujitsu to compete in Ultimate Fighting Championships. He's very into his car, a Scion Xb. He loves to read. He's single.

I'm pretty sure he's making me a music compilation cd so I prefer not to do the same for him. And I'd rather not make anything edible since he has to travel a long way (and I'd rather give him something that he can keep.)

I'd appreciate any ideas!!!

And did I mention he's single so if you know any cute and smart single girls in the DFW area...:-)

shilo
12-15-2006, 06:27 PM
ok, well, all i can come up with is using those iron-on, print it yourself on your color printer, transfer sheets for things like t-shirts. maybe you could find some car seat covers that you could iron onto???

anyway, re. the UFC stuff, kinda random, but my best friends sister is married to Brandon Vera, one of the big up and coming UFC stars (he just beat frank mir (ex heavyweight champ) in sacramento last month. he does mixed martial arts, but started with jujitsu. dunno if your brother is a fan of his or not, and i have no idea if i could get you an autograph or something, but i could try and ask if you thought you could incorporate it into your gift somehow.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

tarabenet
12-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Would he like a scrapbook of his childhood memories? Maybe about family vacations, silly secrets you kept together from parents, goofy family words and stories?

Whatever you do, include a note about things you love about him, why it is so great to see him succeeding, etc. We all love a little ego boost from people who really know and love us!

How does he feel about commuting? I have very special step-daughters in college in Austin and in Waco! ;)

Momof3Labs
12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
We do homemade gifts each year, and the guys are always so darn hard to make for.

A scarf won't do him much good in DFW, I suppose, or that would be an idea. How about one of those rice packs that you heat up and put around your neck - bill it as good for sore muscles, etc? They are super easy to make, even for the sewing impaired.

tarabenet
12-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey! Great idea! You're good.

KrisM
12-15-2006, 10:59 PM
How about putting together a recipe book with family favorite recipes. Depending on his skills, you could include details of "how" to make each. When I was 23, I had no idea how to simmer or anything and would have loved this.

A digital slide show of family photos? Scan in the older ones.