PDA

View Full Version : Calling all vets - need present for vet student

JenaW
12-15-2006, 03:07 PM
My SIL is in her first year of Vet school and I have NO CLUE what to get her for Christmas (or her birthday, which was yesterday). She and DH are not very close - they are about 12 years apart in age. We already told her we would buy her a decent stethoscope (a Littman, and we are having her name and a cat paw print engraved on it), but can't come up with any other ideas. I have no idea of her clothing size, and we do not share many interests. She is not very "girly," so scented soaps/hand lotions, etc are out. Any ideas???

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Madigan ~ 09.28.04
Natalie ~ 09.17.05 (born at 25 weeks!!)
Alexa ~ 11.03.06

bubbaray
12-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm not a vet, but as a law school survivor, I would have appreciated anything to do with Starbucks (gift card, coffee, mug, etc.), loved getting stationary supplies (am I weird?!) -- things like sticky notes in fun colors, highlighters, etc (maybe more stocking things?), even a gift certificate to the university bookstore would be nice -- I always seemed to need to buy more books! Depending on your budget, a iPod would be nice, or a nice ergonomic backpack.

Will she needs scrubs? I know our vet and all his staff all wear scrubs (though, maybe the clinic provides them? not sure). Or comfortable shoes? Boots if she's doing large animal work???

Just my random thoughts. I know there are a couple of vets here, so hopefully they chime in!

Good luck!

PS -- I think the stethoscope is a great idea and getting it engraved is neat!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007