PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photo Frame?

elizabethkott
12-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Does anyone have one of these? What brand? What size? I finally hit upon the idea of one of these for DH for Christmas, and I'd like to get him a good one.
Any help is appreciated!
TIA.

BillK
12-15-2006, 10:56 PM
We bought this one for my parent's for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-7-Inch-Digital-Picture-Frame/dp/B000EN62WS/sr=8-8/qid=1166241217/ref=pd_bbs_8/105-6974245-7917214?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Since they're "technologically challenged" I have opened it up to get an idea of what I need to do to get it set up for them so they have pics to look at on Christmas day. It seems to be of very high quality and gets good reviews too. We paid $140 for it from Buy.com but I can't seem to find it on their site any longer. I also bought a 1gb SD memory card for it from Newegg.com for 19 bucks.

kimbe
12-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Bill-- you're the best! We've been looking at frames to and even my tech-y DH was stumped over which one to get -- especially since my parents are also technologically challenged! Thanks for the rec!

mommyapb
12-16-2006, 02:20 PM
DH got me this one for Christmas (LOL--I actually ordered it & told him to wrap it:))

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320062756082&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_BID_IT&refitem=320057127798&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

It is the Pandigital 9.2 inch digital pic frame. The cool thing is that it also plays video. So if your digital camera takes video (alot of them do) you can play it on this frame. The frame is also an MP3 player.

HTH!

pittsburghgirl
12-16-2006, 04:48 PM
We got my parents a pandigital similar to the one the PP linked to. I had some difficulty getting it to work initially (it uses a little remote to set up) and the image quality isn't fabulous. But I was looking for something I could grab off a shelf (my mom was in the hospital) so it was good enough for that. I would probably shop around more if I were doing it again.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

elizabethkott
12-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I just got DH the Pandigital 7" one...
Hopefully the image quality will be okay! It was a really good deal on sale at Lord and Taylor, so I just went for it.
Thanks for all the help!

mommyapb
12-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Before I had DH wrap mine we tested it out & the picture was super crisp! We were both very impressed. THe video wasn't as clear but it was shot on a lower megapix camera (7.1 vs 10.1). I would imagine that the 7" would be as clear as the 9".

gordo
12-16-2006, 08:58 PM
We have the Pandigital 5.6" and 7". They are definitely worth it for the price I got on Black Friday ($70 for the smaller and $80 for the larger). They pics aren't super clear, but again nice for what I paid. I like that they play video and have the internal memory. If you put the images the same resolution size of the screen, you can get A TON of pics on it. We have over 400 and there is still tons of memory left. My only complaint is that they have to be plugged in at all times to work.