PDA

View Full Version : Random Question: Does ARBY's serve real meat??

Corie
12-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Back in college, I was told that the roast beef at
Arby's was really just a hardened-gel-type thing.
Is this true? Why do I believe everything I hear? :)

crAbbymom
12-16-2006, 09:33 PM
:D It is real roast beef. I've seen them use one of those electric slicers and weigh it.

annex
12-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Eek, don't muck with my Arby's love! I guess it's not just you that heard the story, though. Whole web page debunking the story on snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp

tylersmama
12-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Even if it was true, I would still eat it because it's so darn yummy! :)

tarynsmum
12-16-2006, 10:18 PM
ROFLMAO, CORIE!

That is just too funny. I can't eat the stuff (ever since a slightly intoxicated event many a year ago), and honestly, even thinking about it is churning my stomach a little bit.

Thatchermom
12-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Huh. Maybe there has been a change...when I worked there in high school in the mid-80's it was definitely a paste that was cooked into a solid and shaved. I was a part of the process! The paste was likely made of meat, at least I always assumed. However, that was not meat packed with gelatinous stuff on the outside. You can't squeeze solid meat out of a bag by cutting off the corner and squashing it. Snopes is usually where I go to find the answers, too, so I'm pretty confused here! I've never eaten at Arby's again cause it grossed me out so much back then.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
You guys are bummin me out.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT LONG JOHN SILVERS IS NOT FISH.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

bcky2
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
well whatever it is, it can get moldy. i had a really close friend work there for two days befor she quit because she spent it in the bathroom throwing up because of the "condition" of the food they were serving. lets just say she encountered alot of mold while there. she reported them after she left. but then again i never saw it with my own eyes so who knows if it was that bad or not. it could have just been that location also. at least she said they trimmed the bad stuff off x(

Corie
12-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I will only believe that it is real meat if I can see
the President of Arby's eat a roast beef sandwich.

crAbbymom
12-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Come on! I LOVE my Arby's but now I am getting REALLY grossed out. NO FAIR!!