PDA

View Full Version : Spritz Cookie Recipe

mamaturk
12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I am going to a cookie party on friday and have to bake 10 dozen spritz cookies! Anyone have a really good recipe for them? I searched online but there are SO many to choose from that I don't know which one would be the best... Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
12-17-2006, 01:55 PM
We recieved a Wilton cookie press thing last year and the recipe it came with seemed pretty good. Their website has variations too like peanut butter and lemon flavored.

I did not use "clear vanilla."
Classic Spritz Cookies

1-1/2 cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon Clear Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 375°F. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract; beat well. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill. Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges; remove cookies from sheet; cool on rack.

Makes 7-8 dozen cookies.

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/cookierecipes/classspritz.cfm

HTH,
Beth

etaylor75
12-19-2006, 10:58 PM
These are my favorite - I make them every year! Sometimes I cut the amount of flour to 2 cups and add 1/2 cup unsweetend cocoa powder to make chocolate spritz. Very yummy.

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies

1 cup of butter, softened
1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar and mix well until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla and lemon peel. Mix well. Gradually add flour and salt to cream mixture. Shape dough in small logs and place in Cookie Press. Press cookies onto cool ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Store in airtight container at cool room temperature for several weeks or freeze for two months.

Happy Baking,
Erin

octmom
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I've used a very similar recipe. Mine calls for 4 cups of flour and doesn't specify "clear" vanilla. Also, the oven temp is 400 and cooking time is 7-8 minutes in the recipe I have used. They were tasty. :)

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06