PDA

View Full Version : What's the sequence of the Shopaholic books?

littleme2
12-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi, I'm going on vacation next week. I bought some shopaholic books (based on recommendations from here - thanks!).

What order should I read it in?

Thanks.

tarabenet
12-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow! There are more of those than I realized. According to Amazon, they go in this order:

Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (2000)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (2001, Feb)
S Abroad (2001, Sept)
S. Takes Manhattan (2002)
S. Ties the Knot (2003)
S. and Sister (2005)
Undomestic Goddess (2006, about a tangent character)
S. and Baby (2007)

Have fun reading!

ETA: link to the Amazon page I used: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-3749780-7724745?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shopaholic

kayte
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Actually Secret Dream World of a Shopaholic is the British title and release of Confession of a Shopaholic, As Shopaholic Abroad is the same as Manhattan.

Also 'And Baby' is due out in the US in February. I have heard it's great, which I am glad because I didn't care for "And Sister"

Also she wrote another book "Can You Keep A Secret" which is a scream! Even my mom, who hates chicklit, loved it. Same feel but different characters. Rumors are that she wants to write a series with these characters as well. I think it's due to come out next year as a movie.

HTH

tarabenet
12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Aha! So that explains why there were titles I didn't recognize! Guess I won't go out searching for those, then! LOL

C99
12-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Shopaholic & Sister
Shopaholic & Baby

I've only read the first 3.

sidmand
12-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Oh, I saw that one and wondered if I'd like it. I'll have to try it out. I have to say that my sister didn't like the books at all, but she is so much like the "sister" in the books, I can kind of see why! Sadly, I could see more of myself in the main character than I care to admit! Not everything, of course, but I could definitely empathize a bit. The books are cute. To the OP, enjoy!

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png