PDA

View Full Version : just like magic!!!

megs4413
12-18-2006, 12:53 AM
some of you will remember my post concerning the different parenting style of my DH (that it was too harsh, IMO) and I spent a lot of time thinking about it in the last few days. I didn't really know how to broach the subject with him and honestly still hadn't had the chance to address it (sooo hard to find time these days!) when last night he brought it up with me!!! he said that because he wasn't allowed to do certain things as a kid without being told he was "bad" that he has a tendency to label DD's behaviors the same way. He said he's really trying not to do that as he sees that she's just being a normal kid! he also said "I just want to be the best Dad and best husband I can be. I'm trying really hard to figure out how to do that." I was like...floored...cause like i said i hadn't said ANYTHING to him. I am just unbelievably amazed that he was able to come to these realizations on his own and i'm really thankful to all of you for kind of talking me down and helping me to see where he was coming from...i could have just run off and fought with him about it, but i don't think that would have helped the situation...apparently letting him figure it out for himself was the way to go! SO SO relieved about this...he has been much 'gentler' and forgiving in his dealings with her all weekend so i know he's really trying to stick by it. he even let her make a complete mess eating her yogurt in her highchair! i just wanted to say thanks to you all for the advice!!! and YAY for my DH!

DebbieJ
12-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Wonderful!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

EllasMum
12-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Sounds like your DH is a good guy. :) Glad you got it worked out so easily!

denna
12-18-2006, 01:48 AM
Megs that is so great :). I read your original post but never replied, I didnt really know what to say. I am just glad that he approached you and that things are working out. He seems like a really great guy and father, he's a keeper ;). Yay for both of you :D!

newnana
12-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh Megan, that is wonderful to hear. Sorry I never had a chance to reply to your original post(lost power for a week and left town), I'm so glad that he's getting there on his own!
Michelle

candybomiller
12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I am sooooo happy to hear this!!!!

ShanaMama
12-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Are you sure he hasn't been sneaking onto your computer late at night, reading your posts & all of our *sage* advice? ;)
JJ. Glad things are improving- that is a huge realization to come to on his own. Just remember that it takes lots of time to really permanently change your habits. He's now on the adrenaline rush of having decided, but he might slip back into his old ways a bit. Give him lots of time & patience. You guys sound like you have a really sound relationship & he's a great dad.
Now how's that for armchair psychology? (When I'm supposed to be putting up soup!)

maestramommy
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Megs that is awesome! Kudos to your Dh and really glad that it happened that way.

mommy111
12-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Give the guy a hug, you and DD are lucky girls :)