PDA

View Full Version : When did you announce you were expecting #2?

veronica
12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
I am almost 10 weeks and am showing much quicker this time. We plan on telling the family on Christmas when I will be almost 11 weeks. As far as work goes, I was planning on telling this week-partly becuase it is getting so hard to hide and becuase we are also moving next month so I am making both announcements at the same time.

Is this too soon? I am feeling caught up with "expecting" everything to go as great as it did for DD but then I have moments when I still think that bad things can happen ....When did you tell and why?

nfowife
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
We told my in-laws first, when they were visiting, I was around 10.5 weeks. I wanted to wait until after my first appt., too, because I have had a previous m/c and wanted to make sure all was okay.
After that, we told everyone else. We took a picture of DD in a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big sister" and emailed it to everyone we knew!

MarisaSF
12-18-2006, 05:52 PM
After we heard a strong heartbeat and saw a healthy-looking ultrasound around 8 weeks (ie low risk of miscarriage).

With #2 we've found however that we've neglected to tell some friends; we just hope the news spread by itself. Can't keep track of the details like I did the first time around.

ps- Congratulations!

maestramommy
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
We waited till 12 weeks with both babies. We just tend to play it cautious, and even now we haven't announced it fully. At church no one seems to have guessed yet, so I'm going to "come out" on Christmas even by wearing a maternity top and see if anyone notices. I am showing already, but if you're not looking there you might not see it.

SnuggleBuggles
12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
12 weeks was my rule with #1. I know you show sooner with #2 though but I will still try to hold out as close to 12 weeks as possible. I like the little secret between me and dh as well as not wanting to open up to everyone in case there is a loss.

I think you are good at 11 weeks.
Beth

KBecks
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
I think I told pretty quickly, but I didn't make a big announcement at work for #2. I told the partners, and I told the people with whom I would be comfortable also sharing miscarriage news with if the worst happened. I figure most people who would be joyful for our pregnancy would also be empathetic if something went wrong.

Wife_and_mommy
12-18-2006, 06:53 PM
#1-- around 6 weeks. We couldn't keep it to ourselves.

#2-- I found out around 7-8 weeks and that's when we told. I discovered I was pg due to the nausea so there was no hiding it even if I had wanted to.

I think you're fine to tell. Some like to wait through the first trimester.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png

HHCs Mom
12-18-2006, 07:17 PM
We told after the first u/s with both. With #1 it was about 10 weeks and with this pregnancy, it was 8 weeks. Early but we'd seen a good heartbeat twice already (had u/s at 6 and 8 weeks) so we felt ok with telling people.

Kim
~ mama to a sweet boy named Harrison ~ 4.6.04
...and #2 due 5.24.07!

SpaceGal
12-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Well with DS and my current pregnancy, I told some people early on...really close girlfriends and their hubbies.

We held off on telling family and other friends. Not to say that we're not excited about #2, but we're low key and DS got tons of attention when I was pregnant so this time around, we told DH's family when I was about 12 weeks. I held off telling my family for various reasons eventually by about 4 or 5 months family knew.

In terms of other long distance friends, if they hear they hear if not, I'm sure it will get around. We kind of enjoying this pregnancy quietly without making too much of a fuss. I personally was never one for being the center of attention.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
I told my best girlfriend right after i went to the doc's office. (don't tell dh). After that we waited. we wanted to just bask in our little secret. We told people by dressing dd in a i'm the big sister sweatshirt when they came over though. hehe.

Jen

denna
12-19-2006, 03:54 AM
Congratulations Veronica!

Only one DC for me, with him we told *all* the family and close friends the day we got a BFP. With #2 we will wait til at *least* the first U/S.

My cousin who is expecting #2 in Feb, didnt tell the extended family (grandparents, etc) w/ *either* DC until she found out the sex, but she told everyone else who was closer right after the first u/s.

Have fun telling everyone! And Congrats again, good luck w/ work (I know it can be tough) and w/ the move! Cheers to a healthy 30 more weeks!!!