PDA

View Full Version : Costco's honey baked ham: is it good?

mamato1
12-18-2006, 06:14 PM
DH and I are considering getting our Christmas ham form Costco. We have always gotten it from the HoneyBaked Ham Co and been very pleased. But, their hams are pricey and we are looking to cut costs. Anybody out there who has tried Costco ham? Thoughts?

Chris
Edited: oops that's not how you spell Costco
Mama to Brendan, aka Boomer, my little peanut who is allergic to peanuts! 01/16/04

http://b3.lilypie.com/FnI6m5/.png

almostamom
12-18-2006, 07:02 PM
We always have Costco's ham at Easter. I'm not a fan of ham, but the rest of the family seems to really enjoy it.

Linda

Emmas Mom
12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I love ham & think the one from Costco is tasty. Not AS good as a HoneyBaked but for the price I don't think you can beat it. :)

FiveLittleDucks
12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
I think it's a great value. Yes, not as good as Honey Baked, but pretty darn close. You probably already know this, but it comes with a packet of brown sugar/seasonings that you put on in at the end of baking and it crystallizes very nicely, so even the exterior looks similar. I don't love ham, but my family really likes it, too.

MelissaTC
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Costco ham is very good! We made one last week for a holiday gathering and it was delicious. We skipped the sugar packet- DH didn't want it. I bet it would have tasted good with it too.