PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy folded cardstock?

deborah_r
12-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm a wee-bit late making my cards (as usual).

I'd like to make my card in photoshop (like a 4x6), print and mount on folded cardstock. I like it to actually be a card that I can then write inside.

Is folded cardstock going to be hard to find? What stores should I check? What KIND of stores, even?

squimp
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
That's what I did this year. The cardstock was folded and had envelopes. I bought some at the local craft store for like $10 for 50 - ours is Creative Crafts, but we used to have a Michaels, and they had some.

C99
12-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Papersource, Arvey's Paper or any craft store.

deborah_r
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks Jana & Caroline. I must be the world's most clueless shopper, because I swear I go to places like Michael's and can't find what I'm looking for. In the past I have used Strathmore Creative Cards, which is kind of like watercolor paper - but it is really more than I am looking for - I do not want the paper to be texture, I want it smooth, and it doesn't need to be quite so heavyweight. Also the Strathmore is really expensive. $10 for 50 is kind of the range I was hoping for, instead of $10 for 10!

ETA: Ooh, Caroline, I have a PaperSource really close to me! I thought the name looked familiar. I've seen it before, but didn't know exactly what they had (was thinking more just already-made greeting cards) I will go tomorrow!

ellies mom
12-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Look in the scrapbook section. You should also be able to find it at a good scrapbook or stamping store.

s7714
12-19-2006, 02:25 AM
Staples or Office Depot usually has a selection of folded cards available, and they are made to be used on home/office printers.

If you want to go a more economical route, look at a printing supply company. I usually get my stock at Kelly Paper. http://www.kellypaper.com/StoreLocatorListALL.asp

HTH,
Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
(100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

Momof3Labs
12-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Do you have an Archivers near you (scrapbooking store)?

babyready
12-19-2006, 11:19 AM
This is exactly how I made my cards and I bought them at Hobby Lobby. In the scrapbook section. They came with vellum envelopes. I also used the 40% off coupon they often have online.

Good luck!

candybomiller
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I found some at wal*mart.

deborah_r
12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
No Archivers in our state, no Hobby Lobby, and my closest Walmart is not convenient for me.

I'll try Papersource. I called and they seem to ahve something close to what I want!