PDA

View Full Version : Reindeer food

punkrockmama
12-19-2006, 07:15 AM
I wondered if you guys knew about this or not. I thought it was cute and I wanted to share it with ya.

This lady at the store told me about reindeer food. For those that do Santa, and the whole leaving cookies out for him routine, it's another little thing to do. Mix glitter (red, green, gold, whatever) with some dry oatmeal that you've already got around, take the kid/s, and go sprinkle some around the back yard on Christmas Eve before bed. The reindeer food will help attract rudoloph and his crew and keep them busy while Santa's busy putting the presents under the tree.

I thought it sounded like a fun thing and we're gonna do it this year.

Alright, now tell me how old this idea is,lol :)

denna
12-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Aww, I think thats a cute idea :). Well if it's an old idea it's new to me ;).

I would do that this year if I had a backyard. Maybe on the balcony? I dont know DS would probably try to crawl around and lick it ;) that is his new 'thing'.

punkrockmama
12-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Girl, you could sprinkle it anywhere your heart desired. :)

How bad is it that the first thing I thought of when I read your post was "Sparkly poop. How festive for the holiday season."

Hahahaha. :)

gordo
12-19-2006, 08:48 AM
My DD just made this at daycare yesterday! They put it in a bag with a card with the following poem

"Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home."

I had never heard of it before, but then again I am Jewish ;)

redhookmom
12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
We have done tis for a few years. It is much more fun when there is SNOW to sprinkle the sparkles on. I am hoping for a white Christmas - but it doesn't look good. :)

kijip
12-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Never heard of it. Very cute. We just leave rax veggies out for those reindeer. :)