PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Christmas

jennifer_r
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
and I have still so much to do!!!! Most of the presents are bought and the ones that are left are very easy (like a gift certificate and some stocking stuffers). But we still have a few cards to finish (I'm mailing them out tomorrow). I bought a Gingerbread house kit at Costco to decorate AND someone just dropped off another one for me to do (as a gift - different from the one at Costco, it's a Wilton) - so I have to do both of those. Oh, yea, and there's the minor fact that our Christmas tree is in our family room but is not decorated yet (not even lights). Then there's all the decorations around the house to do. And, it looks like we'll be hosting Christmas day here. It's not that I'm lazy or a procrastinator but I can't imagine trying to decorate a tree with a baby and a toddler running around the family room, so that's been saved for nighttime but at night I've been doing other things that have to get done that night. And the past couple of weekends have been super busy between social stuff and us buying a car (more on that on another post.)

So, am I the only one this far behind? How do you guys do it all?

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] Woohoo! 1 year and counting . . .

hillview
12-20-2006, 08:26 AM
I am in BIG trouble. Just got DH family gifts sent to the UK (PLEASE GET THERE ON TIME) and just sent gifts to FL yesterday. Have about 4 people left to shop for (know what I am getting but dreading the weekend mobs) and then there is some wrapping and food making. UGG. Holiday cards will be new years cards! Ok now I am MORE stressed!
/hillary

jgriffin
12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
We haven't even started thinking about cards yet. We had planned on getting a small tree and doing a family photo in front of it for the card. But I'm just too dang tired to do the tree this year, so we decided to skip it. And the lights on the house. And pretty much all decorating. But that means coming up with another card idea. And executing said idea. Bleah.

At least most of the shopping is done (huge kudos to DH for buying mp3 players for his aunt and uncle yesterday and saving me from having to go to Walmart this week!) There's something to be said for joint gifts (either from multiple people to one recipient, or one gift to multiple recipients).

I'm still hoping for an early Christmas present from DH, the time machine he keeps promising me every year. It could happen.... :)