PDA

View Full Version : Cowlick help

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Poor Nick has every cowlick I have and every cowlick DH has. The most prominent is at the crown of his head. I am wondering if growing it out will help it stay down or if super short is the way to go. Medium length just looks sloppy.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

SnuggleBuggles
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Ds has 4 cowlicks, according to his hairdresser. So she will not cut his hair very short and it does help. There is a perfect length where it doesn't stick up- a good hairdresser should know how to style it so it will lay right. For a few days it may not look great but it should grow in well and stay nice for at least a few (5+) weeks, in my experience.

His may be kind of medium length but I don't think it looks sloppy. :) I'd rather it lay flat than anything else.

Beth

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh, I did not mean tht medium hair is just generally sloppy, sorry. Just that medium on Nick seems to make the cowlicks more exaggerated.
Thanks for your help!
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

mommy111
12-20-2006, 10:43 AM
DD has a cowlick!!! Right in the middle of her head, too. And you're right, it looks sloppiest with middle length hair. Her hairdresser, who's great, advised letting it grow out so that it lays flat, then we'll restyle her hair around that. Of course, letting his hair grow out has limited utility in Nick cuz he's a boy, but you may find that with his hair a little longer that it lies flat enough that no-one will notice.

candybomiller
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Super short works for Matt. Then again, so does having it fairly long.

hez
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Payton has 3 cowlicks-- one on each side of his forehead (you know, one from me, one from DH!) and the typical spiral at the crown of his head. We leave it just long enough to let it lie flat, and to be honest, probably let it go longer between cuts than we should. One hairdresser has pretty much always cut his hair, and she's got it down to a science now.

She told us we'd have two options-- a buzz cut (not my style) or the slightly longer length. Then she reminded us that when Payton's in school & old enough to start deciding for himself that he'll probably end up growing it out long anyway ;)