PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Everyone So Crabby?

randomkid
12-20-2006, 10:54 AM
I only work part-time and this is my first day back since last Friday. I work in a large hospital and I just want to go home! ;( All the docs and nurses are in such foul moods today. Is it because they don't want to be here or they just have so much to do that they are overwhelmed by the holidays? I wish I was back in my old location (although it's not there anymore - lol) because everyone was so relaxed and in a party mood this time of year. I just wasn't exposed to this many of them last year and in years past.

Maybe this should have gone in The Bitching Post, but it's not really a bitch and not even a vent. I think it's a rhetorical question, but I was just wondering...what is wrong with everyone around here?

mommy111
12-20-2006, 11:07 AM
The holidays! People who're at work want to be home with their families. People who don't have families want families. Everyone wants to be someplace else. And January will get even worse because everyone will be in post-holiday depression.

bubbaray
12-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I find Christmas to be THE most stressful time of the year. I am completely overwhelmed (underwhelmed?) and bitchy. I just want to hide until January.

The atmosphere in my office is about as far from "party" and "relaxed" as possible. People are trying to make deadlines by this Friday, b/c a lot of the support staff are off next week.

December sucks. :(

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

lilycat88
12-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Think about all of the people who are trying to get those "need to be done but aren't an emergency" medical procedures done before the end of the year and a new deductible starts. Doctor's offices are always crowded this time of year and I would imagine that would translate to busier hospital and outpatient centers. So... people who would rather be doing something else combined with lots to do equals grumps.

deborah_r
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I must confess certain days around the holidays I am not a friendly, pleasant person. I wanted to start smacking people at IKEA the other day. I get really stressed out with all the things that need to be done. And I still never get it all done (says the woman who is mailing holiday cards TODAY). I would guess it's the holidays.

amp
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
My entire playgroup was fighting with their families when we met last. It's a stressful time of year. All of our disagreements revolved around family and visiting issues at the holidays. Go figure. And there's just so much to still get done. I, for one, would like to enjoy the time more, but it's hard sometimes!