PDA

View Full Version : My Dad and Brother on NBC Nightly News!

elizabethkott
12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
My dad and brother are going to be in a piece on model railroading on the national news tonight (Wednesday, December 20th)!!!

It's part of a piece on the resurgance of interest in model railroading - one of those "special interest" pieces that air twoards the end of the news as filler, but neat nonetheless!

At least, they're *supposed* to be part of the piece - a section on multi-generational model railroaders - but my brother warned that they may not even wind up in the piece at all...

But take a look if you can!
:)

JoyNChrist
12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
I just watched this...which one was your brother? The guy at the end talking about how he "wants to pass it on as his father did to him, and as *his* father did to him"? If that's him - I saw it! Too cool!

blueeyedb
12-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Oh I think I just saw them! Are they from New Jersey? How exciting!

elizabethkott
12-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Yup! The two guys at the end were my brother and father standing in the basement with their layout (I painted the clouds on it when I was 3, thank you very much!).
And that's weird about the NJ thing...
we're from LI, but my DAD grew up in Bayonne, NJ!
:)

BaileyBea
12-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Liz,

I saw them and thought it was a great story. How fun your brother and Dad are famous. ;-)

That's so cool they are into trains. Now I really want to go to NYC for xmas and see the train at the Botanical Gardens. Too cool!

Nancy

buddyleebaby
12-21-2006, 03:02 AM
I missed it!
I just wanted to say how cool it was that there was a story about it. My Godfather is an avid model railroader, so it is near and dear to my heart. ; )