PDA

View Full Version : Would you call the doctor

set81616
12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
DS was diagnosed with bronchiolitus (sp?) on Friday and has been doing better. His fever broke a few days ago, he ate really well yesterday and slept through the night last night. Yesterday he started playing at his ears but it may be because they are dry. He may have a slight fever but we are at work and I don't have a thermoter. He had 2 ear infections last month but on Friday the doc said his ears looked great. His nose is a little runny today and we are getting on a plane to go visit family on tomorrow. Normally I would not go to the doctor yet but I'm a little unsure because of the plane. Would you call the doc?
Thanks,
Shannon

bubbaray
12-21-2006, 10:11 AM
If you weren't getting on the plane, I wouldn't call the dr. However, seeing as you are, I would.

Also, I would use a decongestant on the plane for him. Talk to your dr or pharmacist about which one would work best for him. If you haven't used one before, try today -- some make kids hyper.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

punkrockmama
12-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I have to say that if you're getting ready to travel I'd put in a call just to double check and make sure everything is tip top before you fly. Hope your guy is feeling better soon and can enjoy his trip.

lilycat88
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes, I would call. Ears can change in a matter of hours. DD was at the ER a couple of years ago with what we were sure was an ear infection. According to the ped who examined her, they were fine. Her ear drum burst that night. Her regular ped said that isn't uncommon because ears can go bad so quickly.

hillview
12-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Call doc -- better safe then sorry.
/h

o_mom
12-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I would go. Right before we left for Thanksgiving DS2 was getting over a cold and started waking at night and being fussy. I went in to have him checked and told them that normally I would wait, but didn't want to be travelling when things went bad. The doctor was very understanding and said that his ears were a little red, but not bad. She gave us a prescription and said if he gets worse to have it filled. We didn't end up needing it, but it was a nice backup.

clc053103
12-21-2006, 08:16 PM
My DS had non rsv broncholitis last year- he got an ear infection from it a week later (his only ear infection ever, knock on wood).

I would definitely see the dr- just to get a clean ear check. Apparently it can be dangerous to fly with ear infection.