PDA

View Full Version : Calling Creative Mamas: How to wrap cookies?

tarynsmum
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
OK, so I made (a boat-load) of cookies for a bunch of our friends and neighbors: about 8-10 families. There are mostly cookies from the thread in What's Cooking: Holiday Bark (BTW, I can feel my arteries clogging as I eat them), Peanut Butter drop cookies (with kisses), Monster Cookies (which look a lot like Dog Bark Cookies, if anyone ever heard of those), and sugar cookies.

I have no idea how to "present" them. I mean, I guess I can go to the store and buy some boxes, but that's just kind of boring. Any ideas? I'm creative-d out.

megs4413
12-21-2006, 03:39 PM
i like doing tins....they have em pretty cheap at all the major discount stores...i line the tins with wax paper and plop in the cookies....but that's not very creative...

you could do a cookie tree...you just stack em into a a xmas tree shape on a plate, put some of that xmas clear wrap (do you know what i'm talking about? it's thicker than cellophane so it holds its shape better, i usually find it in gift wrapping sections) around it and tie with a ribbon.....i'm not explaining this very well i'm afraid....example:

sugar cookies on bottom in circle, smaller circle layer of holiday bark on top of that...smaller circle of monster cookies on top of that, and a "tree topper" layer of peanut butter drop cookies on top....it's a cute way to present them and then each giftee gets an assortment of the cookies.....

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-21-2006, 03:41 PM
My mom has always bought cheap reusable platters at a craft store or dollar store. Then she makes a centerpiece (usually a sled molded out of chocolate, but you could obviously use something else). Then she lays the cookies around the centerpiece, wraps it up with colorful plastic wrap (holiday saran wrap is great!) and ties ribbon on the top. They look nice and the recipient can just put it out for family and friends and it's already on a platter ready to go!

Good luck! You've already done the hard part!

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Love your tagline! Makes me want to add my own!

redhookmom
12-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Go down about three entries to the paper plate idea. I think it is very cute. http://www.domesticali.blogspot.com/

ShanaMama
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
This can be very $$ if you do it for so many ppl, but I just made cookies for my DCP. I bought a nice dish, wrapped the empty box in wrapping paper, filled the dish with homemade cookies & then placed the dish on the box & wrapped the whole thing in cellophane. Tied it with a nice bow & it's a beautiful presentation.
Like I said, a little too $$ for 10 families. I guess it can be modified by just arranging the cookies on a nice paper plate & then wrapping that in cellophane, leaving a large 'fountain' sprouting on top.

ShanaMama
12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Dittos! I see you solved your privacy/ too much info problem. Very cute.

clc053103
12-21-2006, 08:12 PM
At Joanne or AC Moore or one of the craft stores, I saw chinese food take out containers w/ holiday motifs. They were cute, and inexpensive.