PDA

View Full Version : urgent cooking help needed....

megs4413
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
i'm tryign to figure out if i'm supposed to let the cake cool, then remove the side, then put it in the fridge or if i can just put it in the fridge as is from the oven...here's what the directions say:

"Run knife or metal spatula around side of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing side of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight."

it's a cheesecake if that helps...so far i've taken it out of the oven and put it on a cooling rack and i ran the knife along the edge....TIA! i feel like such an idiot, but these instructions seem unclear to me!

kedss
12-21-2006, 05:26 PM
It sounds like you need to let it cool, take the side off, then let it chill in the fridge? but that's just my take on it. :)

megs4413
12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
that's pretty much what i'm reading into it as well....but how cool does it need to be??? touchable i guess? this is really irking me........

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
I found a really good way to do this is to cool it in the fridge. When you are ready for it, run the knife around the edge. Then, wrap a damp, hot towel around the sides of the pan and hold it there for about a minute. Then release the sides. That's always worked great for me!

kedss
12-21-2006, 05:37 PM
I would let it cool til its no longer warm. Like with a regular cake you let it cool til its really cool before you frost it. :)

shilo
12-21-2006, 07:29 PM
not sure how long ago you posted, but i usually do let the cake cool slowly over hours before removing the spring form (sides). there was a thread with lots of info about cheesecakes not too long ago in the lounge with lots of helpful pointers from thatchermom, even my 'relatively' experienced cheesecake baking self found useful.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.