PDA

View Full Version : Fairy: this is for you...

Corie
12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Know your Days of the Week song... :)

My daughter learned this song in her preschool class.
It is sung to the Addam's Family.

"Days of the Week"

There's Sunday and there's Monday,
There's Tuesday and there's Wednesday,
There's Thursday and there's Friday
and then there's Saturday,
Days of the Week.

Jenny_A
12-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh that's cute!! I've never heard that one before. I will add that one to my repitoire (sp?) of songs I sing to DD. Old McDonald gets old after awhile :-)! She'll know her days of the week at 11 months of age - HA!

Jenny

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-21-2006, 10:49 PM
I love it.

kcimato
12-22-2006, 12:22 AM
It's from one of the Dr. Jean albums.Do a google search and you'll see her albums. They're great for leaning concepts. My grand daughter loves Hello Neighbor and my personal favorite is Tooty- Ta

Fairy
12-22-2006, 12:28 AM
How cool is that?! Thank you, I love it! Ya know, I need some new songs for DS, cuz lemme tell ya, much as I love Laurie Berkner and the Boynton CDs and all the camp songs from my childhood, every one of 'em are gettin' old! Adding this one to the list will be fun!

trumansmom
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
That's much less annoying than the one DS learned. It's sung to the tune of "My Darling Clementine".

Sunday, Monday
Tuesday, Wednesday
Thursday, Friiiiiiiday
Saturday!

Sunday, Monday
Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, Friday
Saturday.

Our entire family walked around singing it for weeks. It was a low point in our family history.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

fortato
12-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Ttody Ta is my favorite..
I used to do that with my preschoolers all the time...

As soon as you had to do the Bottom out part, they would lose it..and then so would I!

Dr. Jean's CD's are great...I just wish I could find them in stores other than my teacher stores where they cost $17!!!

Kristen

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Jeanne, add "There are 7 days to the week" at the end of that, and you've got what we learned. :)

stefani
12-22-2006, 11:21 AM
That is what DS learned from school, and yes, we all sang it over and over, and it was stuck in my head for days! :-)