PDA

View Full Version : anyone live in colorado?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-22-2006, 02:55 AM
my sister lives in co. just outside of denver and has 29 inches of snow on the ground. I was wondering if anyone else lives out there and can tell me just how bad everything is cause my sister never would.

kijip
12-22-2006, 03:15 AM
See bad is very relative when you live in Colorado. My dad's family is from Denver (he was born there and lived there most of the time till he was 39 or so.) My grandmother, who lives in Aurora, a Denver burb, was on the phone with him today and they immediately jumped in to listing off all of the other storms at Christmas they have lived through which she thought were worse for this or that reason, LOL.

Hope your sister is a-ok!

mamicka
12-22-2006, 10:51 AM
We live south of Denver & we the official number that we got was 33 inches. It's really not bad & I know it sounds like a lot but this is nothing compared to the kind of snow you get in the midwest. While I was shoveling, it wasn't even that cold out. I just heard the plows on our street this morning so hopefully we'll be getting out of the house today.

It *was* bad on the interstates on Wed & beg Thurs but things are pretty much back to normal already from what I gather.

Allison
Surprise #3 due 7/07

babystuffbuff
12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
My sister was in school in Colorado and is moving back home (to Michigan) this week. She and a friend started off on Wednesday morning in a 17-ft U-Haul from Boulder. By 10:30 PM, they had gotten to Denver (usually a half-hour drive).

Of course, that was when the storm was first hitting and they were closing everything. They found a hotel and hunkered down until yesterday afternoon, and things are much better now. I think the initial hit was pretty awful, but by now it's not so bad.

Sarah

Auntie to my seven munchkins, and thinking about TTC a munchkin of our own :)