PDA

View Full Version : Latest Harry Potter title announced!!!

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 09:51 AM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Anyone else really, REALLY excited?!?!

ShanaMama
12-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I didn't know there was another one coming out. I enjoyed the ones I read but figured I had just lost track...
I'm seeing lots of pedicures in my crystal ball! (the only time I have to read)

elliput
12-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Me! I am looking forward to the last book and the next movie! :-)

Jenn98
12-22-2006, 10:40 AM
I swear to you my heart just began racing!!! I cannot, cannot CANNOT wait for the next book! Oh YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LarsMal
12-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Oooohhh....sounds scary!!! I can't wait for it to come out, as well as the next movie. My former students got me hooked on the books.

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Erica,

I'm convinced more and more that you need to move to Montana to be my friend. :)

kayte
12-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I am very excited. I was pregnant and VERY sick when the last one came out. I was determined to read it even though reading made me even more sick. I fought through it and read it in a weekend. Good thing I didn't wait for the morning sickness to pass as it lasted another 4 months!!

With that said, it's a little bitter sweet as it's the last one. Anyone else almost sad? It won't keep me from racing through it as fast as I can but it will be tough to know there isn't anymore in the pipeline.

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I feel exactly the same way. I'm just not ready for it to end. Very bittersweet.

Emmas Mom
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Very exciting & very sad...I do NOT want the series to end!!!!

mudder17
12-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Woo hoo!!! I can't wait for it to come out! Is there an estimated release date yet? And I can't wait for the next movie either! I'm sad the series is going to end, but at the same time, I'm glad there is an ending of some kind...unlike the Robert Jordan books which seem to have gone on and on and on... ;)

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 33 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

writermama
12-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Yep. Definitely looking forward to it. Now if they'd only say what the release date will be ...

writermama
12-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I hear you about Robert Jordan. I stopped reading after book six because I couldn't stand coming to the end of one and then having to wait for the next one to resolve the cliffhanger. I still buy them when they come out, but I'm waiting for him to finish the series before I start reading again.

mommy111
12-22-2006, 12:38 PM
C'mon, release it already...the last 7 years of my life have been spent either reading hp books or anticipating the release of a new one. i hope she doesn't kill off potter. that would make the last 7 years, well, sad

elliput
12-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Candy, I would love to be back *home*! Go out for late night breakfast at the Oxford, ski at Snowbowl, and navigate Malfunction Junction. sigh.

JMS
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I read someone speculating that it would probably be 7/7/07. Supposedly she has a thing for 7's and all her other books were released on Saturdays, and 7/7/07 is a Saturday.

katiesmommy
12-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Add me to the list of people who can't wait. I had a newborn when the last book came out and still managed to get it done in 3 days. Somehow I think it will be a bit more difficult this time.

Geez, I hope I don't miss the release by having to have just moved to Japan!?!

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
They have completely changed Malfunction Junction. It's more messed up than ever, but not nearly as functional. Totally ridiculous, actually.

My new nickname for Snowbowl is SuicideBowl. My first and only time there I ended up with a concussion! I love Lost Trail though. :)

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Your moving to Japan? How did I miss this?

elliput
12-22-2006, 08:22 PM
LOL! Ironicly, Lost Trail is the place where I tore up my knee while doing some spring skiing. Ended up in a brace and on cruches for 4 weeks. I was so glad it was the end of the season. :-)

trentsmom
12-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm ready for it! And I always avoid watching the news and reading the internet until I'm done reading the books because I don't want some jerk spoiling any surprises for me.

katiesmommy
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Possibly, right now we aren't sure. DH is up for orders, but the stinkin detailer doesn't want to give us any. We've been waiting and continuing to put in for things for the past couple of months. Right now we are in for Okinawa and Saesbo.

nicoleandjackson
12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
ME! ME! ME!

I just got my Borders pre-pre-order e-mail and I jumped on that, pronto!

I'm SO EXCITED!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

AngelaS
12-23-2006, 05:30 AM
Okay, wierd, I know where you're talking about!

I can see Snowbowl on the drive to my inlaws. We were there two weeks ago.

And my dh grew up there and he totally agrees that Malfunction Junction is more messed up than ever.

Pennylane
12-23-2006, 08:37 AM
It is so bittersweet for me! I can't wait to read it but am so sad to see it end!

Ann

candybomiller
12-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Stop and say hi sometime!!!

punkrockmama
12-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Oooh yeah baby! I totally cheated and read it over on PITNB the other day instead of looking at the website.

"The Deathly Hallows" does not bode well, but I LOVE IT! *squeal* :)

maestramommy
12-24-2006, 01:47 AM
EE! EE! EE! This is the last one as well as the latest right?

AngelaS
12-24-2006, 07:14 AM
I didn't know you were there! Dangit!

crAbbymom
12-26-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm with you on the Robert Jordan, too. It drove me nuts, because I would have to re-read the entire series everytime a new one came out. I don't even remember what one I stopped at, because I figured I would have to re-read them all anyway! I had heard that there were only supposed to be 10 of them, but from what I understand, it's still not finished!

I am so ready for the last Harry Potter... I read the 1st one before it was popular! I worked at a library and would read and review YA and children's fiction for the children's librarian. I still remember her giving it to me (knowing that I love fantasy) and telling me to let her know if it was any good. I RAVED about it!