PDA

View Full Version : If you are going to do something --do it right! LOL!

kayte
12-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Arwen had her first fall that drew blood on Saturday. She took it like a champ and the crying lasted maybe 10 seconds. She had torn the piece of skin that attaches her gums to her top lip, a very common childhood injury. However, after a trip to the doctor, just to have a follow up look at it(I called them on Saturday- you know first time moms!), we have been referred to a pediatric plastic surgeon. DD has healed beautifully but a piece of skin is loose that needs to be clipped off. Nice. If you are going to do something, in this case fall, you should do it right!

What's a childhood without a little plastic surgery!!!

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Wow, that's quite a first injury! Sounds like Arwen handled herself beautifully though. What a trooper. :)

Now, how's Mama taking it? ((HUGS))

kayte
12-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I appreciate your hugs!

I didn't recover so quickly Saturday and I hate the idea of making an appointment to go and inflict pain on my munchkin.

Aren't the challenges life gives us fun?

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I know what you mean, even though we haven't had anything drastic happen here. I hyperventilate going to well checks when I know ds has to get shots!

Big hugs and let us know when the appointment is so we can send some special ((hugs)) Arwen's way.

shilo
12-22-2006, 12:41 PM
fwiw, i've torn that same little piece (i don't know when) and it just kinda has a little nub or hanging piece (maybe 1/4 of a centimeter?) that just kinda floats. it's been there as long as i can remember. it doesn't make anything look any different on the outside, and the only time i know it's there on the inside is if i run my tounge up between my upper lip and gums. also fwiw, i played the french horn from grade school thru college and it never interfered with that either. i've never had my dentist or orthodontist even ask about it, so i think it must be pretty normal?? just trying to say you might consider a second opinion before you have it cut, b/c you might not have to do it after all?

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.