PDA

View Full Version : need help - so mad ***UPDATE

buttergirl12
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I did call to a supervisor the first time. I just made sure the call on 12/18 didn't come from either of my cell phones and called back. I just spent an hour on the phone with them until the supervisor of the supervisor of the CS rep hung up on me. They won't admit that they are wrong but they might give me the $84 back. But that will take 2 weeks at which point my bill will be overdue. I took the money without me authorizing it and that cost me another $75. Not to mention the costs I will have because a few credit card payments will be late. I wanted them to tell me something. I called their automated system from my home phone and all you need to make a payment is the cell phone number and your zipcode. After that you could just press 1 to use the same info you used for payment last time. So I think someone else tried to pay their bill and mispunched a digit of their number and they live in the same zipcode. I was trying to let her know that that part concerns me and how do I know that won't happen again when she hung up on me. And of course they can't tell what number that phone call came from that paid my bill.

Now what? I can't just let this go.

This is OT but I'm so mad right now I can't even think clearly. I need some advice on how to handle this issue with my wireless phone company. I pay my bill online but I'm NOT enrolled in AutoPay because I want to control when they get the money. Today I check my checking and there's a lot less money than there should be. It shows a payment to the wireless company I did not make followed by 3 overdraft charges. It's Christmas and I need that money. I call the company and they tell me someone called them on 12/18 and made a payment over the automated phone system. I insisted I didn't do it. DH didn't either, he wouldn't even know how. I don't even know how. The customer service manager say you have to dial 611, enter your phone number and answer some prompts. So it couldn't have happened by accident while the phone is in DH's pocket. My phone wasn't even on that day. Well, the CS person just insisted someone called and made the payment and that's all she can tell me. Now I'm $160 short for Christmas. Is there anything I can do? How do I proof I didn't do something?

M
WAHM to J 10/2003 and a new addition 6/2007

http://b4.lilypie.com/pTxzm4/.png[/img][/url]

http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/f184502.jpg[/img][/url]

redhookmom
12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Ask to speak to a supervisor? They took money from you without your permission. That's stealing. And, since you did not do it the first time who's to say it will not happen agian.

megs4413
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
first things first: contact your bank and dispute the charges. your bank should be able to help you...they usually have fraud protection services. get them involved!

then: contact customer service for the wireless company and ask to speak to a supervisor. the people who answer the phones first are like the first line of defense...they'll say whatever they have to to "resolve" the issue themselves...they have no real "power" so you need to go higher up. if you don't drop the issue, the phone company won't be able to drop it either. most times the advice you get from that "first" CS rep is just BS. also ask if they have records of the call and ask for any records relating to that payment to be sent to you. if you have to dial 611 from you cell phone to make the payment, it shoudl be on your cell phone call history....so what's that about? make them show you that they can "prove it".

don't let it go...that's what they want you to do. it's their mitake, you know it, they need to fix it....end of story. i'm sorry you're dealing with this...it's like the worst timing EVER!

casey0729
12-22-2006, 03:22 PM
I agree with the others, get your bank involved and start asking for transcripts and records of calls on your account. Something sounds unbelievably fishy here. I could see someone using your phone to make a bunch of calls but not to pay your bill ykwim?

Hopefully this gets resolved before Christmas but given bureaucracy I bet it will take a few weeks.

Do you have access to your phone records online? I don't use my online option so I don't know how fast your phone records go up.

KC

http://b2.lilypie.com/AWLtm5.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev197prs__.png

megs4413
12-22-2006, 03:57 PM
you need to talk to the bank. it's a fraudulent charge and they should be willing to take the charge off your account and reverse the overdraft fees. do not worry about your cell phone payment being late. they will have to deal with that when they realize it was their error that caused that problem. you need to start keeping records of every phone call you make to them in this process and all correspondence between both parties. ask them to make sure the call is being recorded, and keep your own written record of date, time, and content for each call. they will make sure to have records and so should you. get your phone records and verify that the call was not made by you. i can't believe they hung up on you! you're gonna have to keep calling and keep calling....and you're gonna have to go as high up as you can get....

the bank may have more luck than you so that would be my next move. good luck!

buttergirl12
12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Called the bank without much hope. The took my info and sounded quite understanding but the person I talked to couldn't make any decisions. But they will call the phone company for me.

M
WAHM to J 10/2003 and a new addition 6/2007

http://b4.lilypie.com/pTxzm4/.png[/img][/url]

http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/f184502.jpg[/img][/url]

candybomiller
12-22-2006, 05:45 PM
What wireless company is this? And who do you bank with? If there is money missing from your account without your authorization, you need to get your butt down to the bank and sit there until they do something about it! Also, if you have a b&m wireless store, go there and don't leave until they fix the problem. I would go to the bank first.

megs4413
12-23-2006, 01:15 AM
i'm glad they are working on it....but i had hoped they would be more accomodating....

what wireless company is it? just so i know to start hating them if i dont' already...

buddyleebaby
12-23-2006, 02:38 AM
I am sorry this happened to you.
we once had money taken out of our account by our credit card company and applied towards someone else's bill, on the same day we had made a payment for a different amount that they had no record of.
It was a mess. i don;t know if the bank teller messed up or what but it took us minths and countless trips to the bank and calls to our cc to eventually get the moeny back. They never would tell us where it had gone or who authorized it to go there. It was maddening.

We also had an issue with our cell phone company once. My dh called to pay our bill (which was overdue) and was put on to the automated system. The recorded voice asked what amount her would like to pay, he gave the amount, and the voice said "You have successfully made a payment of (a completely different amount). It had tacked on the rest of the bill which was not due for another two weeks and which we were holding off on paying, So my dh asked to speak to a live person and they basically told him that they could reverse the payment but it would take a couple of weeks for him to get the money back (at which point the bill would be due anyway). We were really upset because we didn;t have the money to spare, yk? Paying our bill early meant eating a whole lot of beans for the next two weeks. I can't even imagine if we were depending on that money for Christmas.

Hugs, mama. I hope you get some answers soon.