PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to remove an ABOVE-GROUND POOL??

Corie
12-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Has anyone ever done this??? We are looking at a house
with an above-ground pool and I don't want it. I would
rather have a yard!

I wanted to know the approx. cost of removal. Also, what
do I do with it?
Does it have a re-sell value??

Thank you!!

Jenn98
12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
We moved into a house with a pool that wasn't going to make it too much longer and it was in a really bad spot in the yard. So, we put an ad in the paper and said "Free Pool but you musy haul EVERYTHING away." We got a ton of calls but eventually had someone come and take the whole thing away, deck and all. We back filled with a little black dirt, spread some seed and now have a gorgeaous, open yard. :)

DebbieJ
12-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I was going to suggest what Jen said.

You could offer it for sale, but I have no idea what you could get. Scan your local classifieds and see what you can find. But if you just really want to get rid of it, I would offer it for free as long as they take down and haul away.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Mamatoone
12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
We ran into this same situation last year when we were house hunting. Our realtor said we could make our offer contingent upon the sellers removing the pool prior to purchase. I guess it would depend on how anxious they were to sell. HTH.
Kristin

kcimato
12-22-2006, 05:34 PM
My mom's neighbor sold their above ground pool with no problem. They came and took it down and hauled it away themselves. A coworker of mine let the water out and took an ax to it and it was gone.

Corie
12-22-2006, 08:44 PM
That sounds fabulous!! :)