PDA

View Full Version : DD was sick

coachkath
12-27-2006, 12:28 PM
DD was sick for nearly a week - luckily she was fine for her first birthday - and then all better for Christmas. However, in between was her first real sickness. I was puked on, pooped on and even peed on - just when I was at my wits end DH got the same thing. Thank goodness I stayed ok.
So, it's now Wed. and she hasn't puked since last Thurs. However, tho she's had baths, all laundry has been done, house lysoled, she still smells like puke. It must be something in her tummy that hasn't worked itself out yet. Her eating is normal. Can't wash out her mouth with mouthwash. What can I do?
Kelly's mama

Radosti
12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd do bland foods for a while and give her something to settle her tummy. I call this Sour Tummy. It smells like something isn't right in there. We're doing this right now since DS was throwing up all night. He got chicken and rice to eat (think very bland), pedialyte to drink (in addition to nursing). Keep doing the bland foods until she poops out whatever is causing the problem. The pedialyte restores the electrolyte balance in the body, so will help tremendously with rehydrating her and thus helping the gastrointestinal tract get back into the swing of things.