PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for New Years Eve tonight?

Fairy
12-31-2006, 02:03 PM

JMS
12-31-2006, 02:09 PM
I told the sitter we'd probably be home by 10:30 and we're going out to dinner AND THEN TO a party!

mom to little e
12-31-2006, 02:10 PM
LOL! I HAD to pick the last option! I feel as if I have been in a complete fog this year! We do have some "pretty exciting" plans for tonight, though (kidding)...DH, the kids, and I are taking my 88-year old Mom out for an early dinner at PF Changs and then we are going to drive by the city's holiday garden lights display. Whoo hoo!

Kids should be home in bed by 7pm and then DH and are plan on "celebrating" with some time alone (hee hee). A nice, low-key evening, actually.

Happy New Year to all!

Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

Corie
12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Every year, I go to Party City and buy a balloon for each family member
and a special "family" balloon. We go outside and each person makes a
wish for the new year. Then, once you make your wish, you let go of your
balloon. We do the family balloon together. It's alot of fun!

Jenny_A
12-31-2006, 02:14 PM
I voted "We ain't doin' crap!". This is our first year with a baby and it's amazing how good turning out the lights and going to bed early sounds this year :-). For whatever reason New Year's is my least favorite holiday. The ending of a year and the change to a new one has always depressed me. I enjoy and am fine with my birthday but it's New Years that makes me feel like I'm getting old. Oh well! You guys who do celebrate... go out and party big for me ;-).

Happy New Year's!

Jenny

cstack
12-31-2006, 02:15 PM
DH and I are having a hard time deciding - L&O marathon of Twilight Zone marathong. We actually had DC go to grandmas' and friend's houses last year and had *planned* to go out. We watched L & O all night and I seriously missed my little guy (the others are teens, so I never really see them even when they're home). Didn't even bother to lie to ourselves this year...

jgriffin
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I voted that we'd be celebrating together as a family, but really that just means DH and me. And since I can't stay awake much past 10 these days, it'll be a struggle. :) We're having a big New Year's Day party tomorrow afternoon, so that will be the real celebration for us.

Last year I think E woke up about at about 11.45pm to nurse, but this year he'd better stay asleep!

punkrockmama
12-31-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm getting totally wasted.

Nah, we're gonna watch TV and drink Godiva hot chocolate.

When did I get so boring? Next thing you know I'll miss watching the ball drop 'cause I'm in the bathroom soaking my dentures.

LD92599
12-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Combination of the above choices! We're going to Morton's at a family (with my mom and FIL and GFIL) at 5pm (lots of kids there at that time!) and then coming home to relax, watch the ball drop, etc.

Laura
Will is three and a half - we're now making progress with sleeping!

mamicka
12-31-2006, 03:03 PM
We're having a swinging party at home with my mom & the kids. :) We'll have munchies & fun sparkling drinks, party hats & glow-necklaces & dance the evening away... at least until we do the count-down to 8 o'clock.

Allison

cmdunn1972
12-31-2006, 03:31 PM
DS is going to bed early tonight. We're having tenderloin steak, shrimp, and halloumi (Greek grillable) cheese in an oil-based fondue. Main course will be served with 2005 Karl Erbes riesling spatlese. Dessert of strawberries dipped in (sugar free) hot fudge sauce with Moscato d'Asti bubbly.

We know how to have fun here at home. :)

cmdunn1972
12-31-2006, 03:34 PM
OMG I *heart* L&O. :)

What channel is the marathon on? Is it NBC, Bravo or TNT? (Bravo does CI marathons Sunday nights, which is why I threw that in there.)

hillview
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok I went a little insane yesterday. Last 2 anniversaries and NYEs we've done NOTHING. (pizza, DH sick, me morning sick, etc). This year I got my parents to come over and sit and got a hotel room with fancy dinner/brunch -- we might still be in bed by 10 but I CANNOT WAIT. Waiting for mom and dad now. DH DOESN'T KNOW.

WAHOO go me!
/hillary

Fairy
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
L&O will be on TNT, and Twilight Zone will be on sci-fi. I go for Twilight Zone, myself. Actually, I always go searching for the one with Buster Keaton as the janitor for the inventor from the early 1900's who ends up in present day (early '60's) and has all manner of wackiness ensue. That's my fave of all time.

wencit
12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Mmm, that sounds SO GOOD. I <3 fondue. For my birthday this year (the first one after having DS and only 2 weeks after his birth), we had cheese fondue. I was in heaven. I had been craving fondue all throughout my pregnancy.

Tonight, we're having a couple friends over, and I'm making filet mignon with porcini & Gorgonzola sauce, champagne risotto, and espresso panna cotta for dessert.

elephantmeg
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
good job! Have a blast! I bet your DH will be thrilled :)

maestramommy
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I voted we ain't doin crap, and I'm actually relieved. I mean, it would be nice to go out I guess, but we're just not feeling that well rested these days. Dh has to go back to work on the 2nd, so I'd just as soon stay home and relax, maybe rent a video and make something nice for dinner. I've been doing that this week with prepared meats from TJ's. Very nice!

elephantmeg
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Where's the option for "we're having a party"? Not sure how many people are going to show up since we invited people AFTER Christmas but we're going to have snacks, play games, drink sparkling cider and hopefully stay awake until midnight :)

pb&j
12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
DH is working, so it's just me, a sleeping baby, and D1ck Clark. Yawn. I don't even have anything good from Netflix!

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

cmdunn1972
12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Are these the remakes from the '80s or the original series in b/w?

Thanks for the info on L&O! :)

cmdunn1972
12-31-2006, 05:38 PM
WOW! If that doesn't sound like a classic Italian meal (especially the risotto and espresso), I will eat my left shoe and invite you over to have fondue in my place! ;)

In all seriousness, I'm sure both of our dinners tonight will be fabulous. :)

set81616
12-31-2006, 05:46 PM
We're going to our church for what was supposed to be an adult's only con/party (the teens get to have parties all the time and we wanted some of the fun). There was going to be babysitting in the back and fun in the front (we're a very liberal church) but it has morphed into babysitting until 10pm and then kids out front with parents. Probably only my son will be there. One family may come until 10. We have food, dancing and whatever else.
Shannon

candybomiller
12-31-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm going to bed probably around 6. Gotta love having mono.

candybomiller
12-31-2006, 06:17 PM
LMFAO!!

cstack
12-31-2006, 06:18 PM
These are the REAL things. B&W originals. We did TZ for years. The last couple of years, we've done L&O. Who knows, this year we may bounce back and forth (DH hates commercials anyway, so he surfs when they come on). I like all of the L&O series, but TNT will have the original on.

cstack
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Ummm, sorry Allison. I read "swinging" and took it literally. The TMI poll didn't make me say EWWW, but that one did, LOL. Then I read the rest and thought "God, I have such a dirty mind".

ribbit1019
12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Working wasn't an option, that is what I am doing, bites.

Christy
Wife to Richard
My Waterbabies
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/Yw0w.jpg http://b3.lilypie.com/H-lkm5.png
http://lilypie.com/pic/060928/iBmU.jpg http://bf.lilypie.com/tkq-m5.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/steitzsmith/Other/jump.gif

JoyNChrist
12-31-2006, 06:44 PM
We've been cleaning house all day. Bet we're in bed by 10.

Gosh, when did we get so boring? And we don't even have the baby yet!

mommyoftwo
12-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Sadly, we are doing crap. DH is on call so he won't be home and Linnea seems to be getting the flu that I just finally got over. The girls will be going to bed and I will be working on things around the house that haven't gotten done since everyone has been sick. Kinda depressing but not much I can do about it, sigh. I hope other people have more exciting plans.

Lovingliv
12-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Celebrating at home!!!!!!
I love a quiet new years....safe and sound!

We went to trader joes and spent $129 (I was REALLY hungry) on healthy chinese food. And spinach artichoke stuff for dip. And Mexican dip stuff.

I have had some Turkey Meatballs for lunch....and it's 7:00pm and I am still not hungry.
I did make some no pudge brownies to have with mint choc chip icecream.
My fear is that I will not be able to eat the yummy things I have bought. I hate that.

Then we are watching movies! YAY! I love new years!!

mamicka
12-31-2006, 07:09 PM
LOL! No, we aren't that interesting, believe me!

elliput
12-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Apparently, I am doing the same thing as every other night- spending it posting on BBB. :+ Staying home, have a nice bottle of bubbly to share with DH. Maybe watch a movie and relax.

buddyleebaby
12-31-2006, 07:16 PM
DH is working late but should be home before the ball drops. We're going to make empanadas and virgin pina coladas and just hang out at home and cuddle the product of last year's Christmas or New Year celebration. : )

I love my family and just being with them and not having to worry about getting home with all the drunks on the road.

MeAndMyStar
12-31-2006, 08:30 PM
>I love my family and just being with them and not having to
>worry about getting home with all the drunks on the road.

ITA Alicia! Staying home, watching a movie and relaxing is my idea of a great new years. I worry too much about all the people who have had way too much to drink that I hate driving anywhere at all on NYE.

This year I'll be surprised if I make it to midnight, though!

-Sarah

KBecks
12-31-2006, 08:58 PM
The toddler is in bed and DH is making a high-end at-home dinner for us.

purpleeyes
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
There should be an option for "Spending too much time on the BBB!"

We had some friends over for dinner and let the boys run around like maniacs until past their bed time. Plus they had cake and watched our me movie. That's 'getting crazy' for us now!

Beth

randomkid
12-31-2006, 09:27 PM
We were invited to a friend's party where they are planning to drop balloons for the kiddies around 8pm. However, DD has a cold and is quite cranky (besides I don't want her to get other DCs sick). DH has a cold and is quite cranky and I have to work tomorrow!

I imagine that we will all be in bed before midnight this year :(

ETA: I'm obviously not thinking in the present - DD is already in bed and I'm sure the balloons were dropped long ago.

dhano923
12-31-2006, 09:37 PM
DD is sick, and I'm recovering from being sick, so we're staying home and having our own "cocktail party". I am making finger foods and party style food for dinner(some prebought, a couple homemade), and we'll have champagne and DS will have sparkling white grape juice, in champagne glasses of course. Normally we go out to a party, but since we're sick, I thought we could bring the celebration to us. :)

bcky2
12-31-2006, 09:42 PM
we did a special dinner of all foods that the boys really like and we let them stay up 30 mins past bed time. i am a sucker for the sci-fi twilight zone marathon so that is my big nye thing.

LD92599
12-31-2006, 09:56 PM
DS is asleep (miracle, miracle - but 2 nights in a row i think i've got a trick), FIL is upstairs...GFIL is on the couch. Just finished a huge iPhoto Photo book...still recovering from too much food @ Mortons...but DH & I will head out shortly to a diner, as much as we hate being on the roads NYE as well.

Laura
Will is three and a half - we're now making progress with sleeping!

writermama
12-31-2006, 10:13 PM
DH and I are spending this NYE staying home and not doing anything -- it's a tradition for us. DD#1 is asleep upstairs, DD#2 is asleep in my arms. We're watching Marx brothers on TCM. I have a bottle of bubbly, but I don't think we'll open it -- maybe mimosas tomorrow. I bet we won't even make it to midnight. I wouldn't have it any other way.

cmdunn1972
12-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks! I'll have to check it out. :)

While I used to like #### Clark's NYE show, I think the quality of the entertainers has gone down in the past few years or so. We might watch an Ugly Betty repeat on DVR, but I'm all for satisfying a little L&O fix. :)

Have a great New Year!

KrisM
12-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Spending it here, on BBB, with my online friends :).

DD and DS are asleep. DH is in the basement working on something or another. I'm catching up on e-mail and TV shows. Fun stuff.

TraciG
12-31-2006, 11:37 PM
We were supposed to go to a family party but Sydney is getting over being sick so we're home,we're drinking a bottle of champagne we had & watching #### Clark & Ryan Seacreast, not to exciting but I'm very happy to be home !!!

SO FUNNY look what they did to Mr Clark's name :):)

BaileyBea
01-01-2007, 12:10 AM
We Baptized Luci today. I was up till 3 am last night sewing so I am so super tired. We had a party today to celebrate the Baptism and DH drank nearly all the champagne himself. It's 11 pm and I hope to be asleep by midnight.

Happy New Year!

BTW > Kris was going to email you. Today the priest kept calling Lucina -- Lucinda. He did it no less than 10 times. it just cracked me up and I thought of your Lucinda.

Cheers everyone,
Nancy

Marisa6826
01-01-2007, 12:22 AM
As it turned out, giving Mia a bath and changing her sheets exactly at midnight. I HATE barf!!!! x(

-m

madelinesmom
01-01-2007, 12:28 AM
We just got back from a Neighborhood party. Eight Kids, Ten adults, lots of fireworks, the kids loved the sparklers... Emmy loved the sparklers, not the fireworks... Here are a couple of Pics.

Hope everyone has a very Happy New Year...

Jane
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37093.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37094.jpg

yhtking
01-01-2007, 12:35 AM
I voted "we ain't doing crap" option. We initially had NYE travel plan for the family. But, both kids were sick on and off for the past two weeks. DH is sick ever since Christmas. He woke up this morning with no voice whatsoever! Anyway, the kids went to sleep early and so did he. I ate our NYE dinner all by myself. Oh well, it's just another day! I just want my family to be health!

bisous
01-01-2007, 01:41 AM
Just had to boast! I live about one block from the Rose Parade route. Normally, that means that I live on a really busy city street but once a year it is a really cool place to live. There is actually a lot of action on the street the night before the parade. It is kind of like a street fair.

juliasmom05
01-01-2007, 12:03 PM
In college, we used to camp out on the parade route on NYE and it wasn't to get a good seat for the parade :P.

Marci