PDA

View Full Version : Going to Florida mid January what clothes to bring for the kids

Oregonmother
12-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Will it be t-shirt and shorts weather or long sleeve shirts and pants? I have been watching the weather, but it really seems up and down. We will be staying in the Bradenton/Sarasota area and Orlando for a few days. If you live there, what are your kids wearing? TIA!

Momof3Labs
12-31-2006, 05:10 PM
I've been in Orlando in January when it was 80 and sunny, and when it was 40 and windy. So you may need a bit of each - for now, think layers!

pb&j
12-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Ditto! I used to live in FL, and January was usually gorgeous, but the temp was all over the place. You'll almost certainly need jackets for mornings/evenings.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

jd11365
12-31-2006, 07:07 PM
You're just going to have to watch the weather the week prior. A couple of weeks ago, it was in the 40s at night. Today, we were swimming in our pool. This year has been especially odd. Sorry that wasn't more helpful.

samsonsmom
12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
I agree, this year has been totally wacko. One week I'm bundling up DS for bed and piling on the blankets, and the next week (like tonight) he's sleeping in a diaper and a t-shirt and our a/c is running.

If I were you, I'd bring some of both.

karolyp
12-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Yup - we went to the beach today and have the ac on! Imagine that!!!

Alyssa, I agree with Jamie just to keep your eyes on the national weather and see if any cold fronts are headed our way. If so I would pack some heavy things, but if not layers would work.

HTH and I hope you guys have a great time!!!

bostonsmama
12-31-2006, 11:13 PM
We're not even in FL but have also had the wackiest weather....75 one day, 28 the next! But to the Q, we went to Disney World (Orlando/Kissimee) around that time one year and we wore t-shirts and capris/shorts and wore hooded sweatshirts over them until the sun came up and warmed everything around mid-day. We were also in southern-most FL around Feb last year and it was 60s/70s during the day and 50s at night, so mostly longer shorts, t-shirts and a medium-weight jacket. I doubt it'll be so hot you'll be uncomfortable in jeans...but the locals are right in that the weather report is the most important thing to watch.