PDA

View Full Version : Especially thankful today

buddyleebaby
01-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Yo woke up early this morning and dh took her to play in the living room so she would not wake up Evelyn. He looked very tired and I asked if he was sure he was awake enough, and he assured me he was.

Fast forward to an hour later, maybe? I don't even know how much time had passed, all I know is I woke up and the house was quiet. TOO quiet. So I get up and go out to the hallway. Yo runs to greet me at the other side of the baby gate smiling sweetly and saying "Mama! Mama!" Her mouth is surrounded by chocolate and she looks very pleased with herself.
I say "Good Morning, Sweetheart. What are you eating?"
She shrugs and I call my dh.
No answer.
I call again LOUDLY.
"Yes, hon?"
"What did you give her?"
"What?"
"What did you give her to eat?"
"Um...........I don't know.......Oh wait....coins, I think."
HE HAD FALLEN ASLEEP AND SHE HAD BEEN WANDERING AROUND UNSUPERVISED.
I'm mad at him but mostly I am just so grateful that she is ok. Thank God that chocolate is the worst of what she got into.

dules
01-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Scary. I'm so glad she is OK.

Did he really think he had given her coins to eat???

Mary

EllasMum
01-01-2007, 02:20 PM
chocolate coins, I hope?

Lovingliv
01-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Glad she is ok....his heart was in the right place. Still VERY scary.

fortato
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Alicia,
I'm so glad she's ok... that's so scary to think about. Give her a big hug from me. (and a little for yourself)

(Did she take off the foil first??)

Kristen

buddyleebaby
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
He meant chocolate coins.
The foil was all over the living room and there was chocolate handprints on the couch and several of her books.
Wasn't too hard to guess what had happened.

tarynsmum
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh, Alicia! You scared me for a second (I was like, COINS?!?!) I see now. I second the question about the foil (you may be dealing with some very pretty poop in the future ;))

megs4413
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
YIKES! i'm glad she's alright!!!