PDA

View Full Version : Need B-Day Party Treat Bag Ideas, Please...

randomkid
01-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I apologize in advance because I know this has been posted before. I just honestly do not have time to do a search right now and read through all the hits I might get, so I will thank you in advance if you respond to this.

DD will be 2 in less than 2 weeks. I'm planning a very small party, but since the kids are older this year would like to do treat bags. I need ideas for kids that are 6 months old, 2 and 3 years old.

Thanks again for your time and help!

Tondi G
01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Do you have a theme for her party???

Bubbles
Balls
snacks (teddy grahams, animal crackers or goldfish)
take and toss sippy/straw cups (you could personalize it with their names)
Beach balls
Pail and shovel
Beanie baby/small stuffed animal
bath toys/water squirters
crayons

maestramommy
01-03-2007, 03:31 PM
at one birthday party the bag had a set of First Years forks and spoons. The spoons weren't the super small ones, they were rounder, and bigger. It was great, because I was able to try them out on Dora. I ended up buying a set of each.

We also got bubbles, which are always fun, but we haven't opened it yet.

Hallie_D
01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
We are planning a party for our almost-2-year-old as well, so I've been thinking about the same things.

We plan give goodie bags with fruit snacks, stickers, mini notepads, crayons, and maybe a car. These are items my kids have received in gift bags and enjoyed. Our guests will all be "almost two" or older.

For the baby, I'd probably do a small board book or rattle.

bubbaray
01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
6mo: spoon/fork set (Nuby?), teether (First years vibrating one?), board book

2-3 yos: washable crayons, washable markers, dollar store coloring book or fun pad, car or small Barbie doll (Kelly -- they make mini ones for parties), party sized playdoh, wiki stix (hard to find), fruit snacks (100% fruit), goldfish packs, raisins.

Have fun -- I stressed about loot bags for DD's 2nd bd and wish I'd just enjoyed it. FWIW, I also did stickers on dollar store pails/shovels as their "craft" and that formed part of their loot bag.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

randomkid
01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone! Those are all great ideas and items that are easy to pick up. I need to go to both Wal-Mart and the dollar store, so I can get things then.

No real theme to the party, probably just Sesame Street decorations.

karolyp
01-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Kim - I saw this post last night and wanted to share this thread I had BM, but couldn't since the darn website was so slow. Hopefully it will help.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=37&topic_id=348856

And I know I owe you some e-mails - we have family visiting and it's crazy as usuall over here!