PDA

View Full Version : DS is squinting... help!

kochh2
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
so, it looks like a trip to the pedi. opthalmologist is absolutely a must, as everything I've read mentions that squinting is a problem... and needs to get checked. But, anyone BTDT?? what should i expect?? DS is almost 2 and a half, and although he doesn't seem to do it every day, from what we can tell, he does squint, more in fluorescent lighting, but also in regular lighting... and although he talks better than many 3 year olds, he doesn't have the words to tell us about his eyes... so, we are at a loss!! I'm kind of freaking out about it now...
help!?

squimp
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
First thing, don't freak out. Second thing, make an appointment with that pediatric opthamologist. My DD started squinting right at age three, and it was obvious something was wrong with her eyes. She was actually having to cross her eyes to see things up close. DEFINITELY go to a pediatric opthamologist, they will have a better appreciation of the things that are common for kids and they way their eyes will change as they grow. Our pediatrician was not very helpful on this subject, you want to see a kids' eye doc. Did I emphasize that enough :)?! We did need to see the ped to get the referral.

Our DD is wearing the cutest glasses now and doing great with them. Good luck, and hope all goes well.

C99
01-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't freak - chances are good that worst case scenario is that he needs glasses. Not the end of the world. I've worn glasses since I was 3. I take my kids to the ped eye doc yearly because of it, but so far, my kids are just the standard little kid far-sighted, not the needs-intervention little kid far-sighted.

kochh2
01-09-2007, 06:07 PM
OK, thanks.... I just thought, hoped, i guess that he inherited my DH's good eyesight along with his good hearing... we've had his hearing tested since birth (as i am hearing impaired), but for soem reason not his vision... not that smart i guess!!
:) Holly