PDA

View Full Version : For those who had a pregnancy after having a c-section

deborah_r
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Did you experience more discomfort earlier in your subsequent pregnancy?

Besides getting bigger much faster in my 2nd pregnancy, I also already feel VERY pregnant, even though I'm just 17 weeks. I feel like I can't walk very fast already, and I feel discomfort when I try to. For about an hour this morning, I had a fairly strong pain on my right side at the bottom of my belly. I almost feel like I need to wear some kind of support band.

Have I just forgotten how uncomfortable I was the first time around? Or am I probably experiencing more discomfort from the scarring from my c-section?

o_mom
01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I don't think it is all related to c-section, but more the second pregnancy. I have had two vaginal births and at 22 weeks I feel HUGE even though I don't look that big and haven't gained much (for me, anyway). I remember it being the same way with the second one, too. Everything is just more stretched out and gets out of whack faster.

ETA: Clarification and spelling

bubbaray
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I am definitely feeling more discomfort/pain this time (had an emergency c/s with DD#1). I have this ongoing sensation that the baby is going to fall out of my incision. My peri & OB assure me this is not the case, but that's what the pressure feels like. I have had contractions that last about an hour. Not a series of cx's for an hour. ONE contraction that lasts a hour. Very weird. Again, the dr's aren't worried about this.

I'd talk to your OB about it, but your experience sounds a lot like mine.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

psophia17
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Yup, I had a fair bit of discomfort early on this last round - I think it was from scar tissue stretching. Most of mine felt like it was abdominal, though, not uterine. I had my appendix out after I had my c/s, and the area between the two incisions had long been numb, but being pg again made the numb area get some feeling again, and it hurt.

The rest of the symptoms sound related to being pg again - I popped out very fast, felt huge very early, and the achy yucky stuff just never seemed to end.

If I'm ever pg again, I'm sure it'll be awful :)

egoldber
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I think every pregnancy is different. I honestly felt totally terrific during my entire second pregnancy, far better than my first pregnancy (although I did show earlier). My third however was miserable from start to finish.

KBecks
01-09-2007, 04:06 PM
I felt big and maybe slow, but not anything extreme. I don't think it was that different than my 1st. (And my first was after another uterine surgery, and I felt pretty darn good during that pg.)

saschalicks
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
#2 just shows faster. I had 2 c-sections, but I knew that #2 was going to be more uncomfortable. I showed at like 10 weeks and when I was about where you are all the uncomfortable startd. Sorry. I hope it gets better.

1ceng1
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Discomfort inthat around month 3-4 I felt pains in my abdomin enough to call my midwife fearing a miscarriage. She told me it was normal from scar tissue. Other than that, it was actually more pleasant b/c I had no morning sickness!

g-mama
01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I've had three c-sections and I didn't have what you're experiencing. I was uncomfortable and felt much bigger and heavier earlier on even though I gained less weight each time. I think it's just what the pp's said, that the muscles and everything else is all stretched out and weakened.

~Kristen

Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03
Marco 12-05

deborah_r
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
>I am definitely feeling more discomfort/pain this time (had
>an emergency c/s with DD#1). I have this ongoing sensation
>that the baby is going to fall out of my incision. >

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced my whole uterus will fall out if I try to run! I'm sure it's all in my head! :)

bubbaray
01-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Probably not in your head, but my OB and peri did say that adhesions can form, blah blah blah. My pain is really weird. NOT the type of pain I had with #1, which was definitely in the pelvic area and felt like the baby's head was "right there" sometimes. I do get that "general PGy discomfort" with this PGy, but the incision pain is in most definitely in the incision it is the strangest sensation.... Kinda like a ripping?? Not sure how to describe it.

Having said that, no, I'm not running, LOL! :)

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007