PDA

View Full Version : LED puck lights

Radosti
01-09-2007, 08:16 PM
So, DS co-sleeps with us. We put him to bed at 8, but don't come to bed ourselves until around 11pm. Sometimes, he wakes up and sits up and cries a bit to let me know he's looking for me. I get in there quickly or he tries to go looking for me (he's surrounded by pillows on the bed). I tried having no lights on in there at all at night and the darkness freaks him out when he wakes up. Not only that, I can't see him when I come in to reassure him or when I wake up in the middle of the night. No nightlight I have gives me enough light, so I've been leaving the TV on in the bedroom. I hate having the TV on in there but I needed a similar amt of light. Last night, I saw Costco had a coupon for LED Puck lights. I didn't even know they carry something like that. I found them and they seemed like a great solution. They work off of 3 AAA batteries, so no wires. I stuck one up on the wall (double sided tape included) over the bed and it's the perfect amt of light on the Dimmer setting (not full light). I am so happy! No more TV on in there! Yeah! I hate sleeping with the TV on, it distracts me if DS wakes me up and I can't get back to sleep.

goodnightmoon
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Aren't they great?! I used them to check on my dd when she was a newborn and didn't want to risk using the lamp. As a new mom, I checked on her breathing every 18 seconds and the nightlight wasn't bright enough.

Laura
DD Feb 2005

jenjenfirenjen
01-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing. Right now I leave the flourescent light in my closet on and with the bi-fold door closed it emits just the right amount of light. But we'll be moving him to his room in the next few months and I'll prolly sleep on a mattress on the floor and I'll need a little light so I'll have to get some of the puck lights.

dules
01-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Great idea. DH installed a "lamp dimmer" on my bedside lamp and we used that when DD coslept - you can get them at Home Depot.

Mary

jgriffin
01-09-2007, 09:56 PM
What kind of light do they give off? Is it a blue-ish white light, or something a little softer (I'm guessing the former).

bubbaray
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
We now have these on our bedside lamps, DD's bedside lamp and the nightstand lamp in the nursery. They ROCK! DD#1 can adjust her own bedside lamp without calling us in.

Probably one of the most useful baby purchases we made, ironically!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

Radosti
01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Yup, the white light, not too soft, but they have a Dimmer setting and that's a lot softer than the full power setting.