PDA

View Full Version : Eye Moisturizers/Treatments

Twins2000
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Hello Ladies,

I'm 36 and am now really beginning to notice/be bothered by those fine lines and crows' feet by my eyes that are now making me look and feel a lot older. I started to do some research online for which eye products seem to work the best, but, there are just too many, and none of them seem to really live up to their claims. Some online websites at first seem to be independent reviews, but then turn out to really be advertisements for specific products. Please help! I've gotten some excellent advice/help from a lot of you ladies previously, which is why I'm now turning to you again for help with this! Which eye products do you ladies use? Which ones do you like, which work well, which should be avoided? Any/all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Leslie

ilovetivo
01-10-2007, 05:58 PM
I'd love to know too. Especially ones with an spf, doesn't sting and isn't pricey.

Thanks for posting Leslie! It's been on my To Do list (I'm 37) :)

tarabenet
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I've become a huge fan of Neutrogena products. I started with the "Visibly Firm" products (blue, with copper lids). I used the moisturizer on half my face for a few days, and people could see the difference! The night cream and eye cream don't have SPF (and I use them only at night) but the daily moisturizer is SPF 15.

I recently added the Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish cleanser and moisturizer (I alternate moisturizers or mix them together, to fit what my skin is up to) and I like it a lot too. I was noticing that I was getting old-lady cleavage, and I swear, it bothered me more than the tiny smile lines. The A-W, A-B stuff is doing wonders -- the alpha-hydroxy I'm sure.

The best prices seem to be at Target, at least in my area, but you can find Neutrogena at Ulta, thae grocery store, drug stores -- it's everywhere.

Also, they make a mini-peel mask thing that I love! It is way more expensive, though.

ETA: for anyone who missed my overreacting post in the "How old?" thread, I'm 41, and I don't care to look it.

ilovetivo
01-10-2007, 06:29 PM
does the daily moisturizer from neutrogena sting your eyes? Do you use it all around them?

tarabenet
01-10-2007, 08:46 PM
The ani-wrinkle anti-aging one can sting, and the cleanser can too. The "Visible Lift" daily hasn't bothered me. But I wore contacts for years and years, and my eyes are sensitive only to sunlight.

EllasMum
01-11-2007, 12:14 AM
MAC makes a good eye cream called Fast Response Eye Cream - for those under eye bags and lines. My friend used to work for MAC and turned me onto it. It has a small amount of caffeine in it which sort of makes small lines plump up a bit so they are less visible. It is good stuff but quite expensive. Luckily, you only need to use the tiniest amount as it spreads nicely. I find that it occasionally makes my eyes sting a bit for the first hour or so of wearing it but then it is fine after that. I really like it but only buy it when I'm feeling the need to treat myself. :)

neeter
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
i have been using the clinique repair wear line for about a month now, and i really like it. i've been using the eye cream and night lotion. both go on smoothly and i wake up with really soft skin. the eye cream does not sting (i don't usually use it during the day, only at night -- just a habit).

i don't usually use clinique, but i was getting stuff for my DH for Xmas and ended up spending more on myself!!

ilovetivo
01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
does mac or clinique have spf?

Alys the Cat
01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
The latest Consumer Reports has a comparison of eye/wrinkle products. Didn't read it carefully yet (it arrived in yesterday's mail), but I think they rated Olay Regenerist the best of the bunch. Overall, tho, they didn't seem to think any of the creams -- drugstore or pricey -- lived up to all their promises.

neeter
01-11-2007, 01:54 PM
i don't think the clinque eye cream specifically has spf in it.

jenjenfirenjen
01-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I've been using a Mary Kay eye cream morning and night and I think the few tiny lines I have look better (or at least not worse.) Have you checked out makeupalley.com to see what the girls over there like?

StantonHyde
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I took the Consumer Reports advice and bought the Oil of Olay regenerist. I bought the peel/exfoliator, the regenerist "system"--3 dif moisturizers, and an eye lift cream. I usually use Mary Kay but Oil of Olay is cheaper and the CR said nothing is really that great so you might as well start with cheap. Their day moisurizer has SPF in it, but it does not sting my eyes. I am going to be 42 soon and I inherited my mom's bad genetics when it comes to wrinkles!

I am seriously considering plastic surgery for the bags under my eyes and a brow lift!!!!!!

Twins2000
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi Rebecca,

Do you like Olay Regenerist? How long have you been using it?

Leslie

StantonHyde
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Leslie:

I have been using Regenerist for 4 days now!I have done the peel twice and my skin definitely feels better after that. My skin feels dry during the day so I definitely have to do the nighttime moisturizer to keep my skin moister over 24 hours. I am noticing some more flaking/peeling, but it is supposed to do that--thus the peels twice a week. The Consumer Reports article tested for 12 weeks, so I guess I'll see. I have gone running with the SPF moisturizer on and it did not run into my eyes or sting (not sure what it will be like in the summer, though). It was relatively cheap--maybe $60 for everything I bought. Just the moisturizers would be about $20.

Fairy
01-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm a big fan of Lancome face products. I use their moisturizer, their anti-wrinkle, and their eye creams. Been using them for years. However, I also think Neutrogena and Olays products are excellent.

In Style does an annual issue (in Feb, I think?) called "Best Beauty Buys," and they probably have theirs online if you want to check it out. There's a whole section in there for face creams. I'll dig mine out if I can find it (I keep it every year).