PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealers in NJ?

LBW
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
We're probably buying an Odyssey in the next few days (yay!!!). I've been negotiating price via e-mail. So far, so good. I did not include our two local dealerships in the e-mails because I'm hoping to walk in to one of them and have them match my lowest e-mail price. Which one should I go with: Madison Honda or Joyce Honda (Denville)?

Please share any positive or negative experiences you have had with these or any other NJ Honda dealers. I'd be willing to drive a bit. I'm trying to find info on sales and service.

Thanks!

LD92599
01-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Madison Honda was responsive when I emailed them about beating other dealers; however the internet person was out sick during the week I was shopping around, so i already had my pilot by the time he emailed back! I'd think out of the two Madison might be more of a hometown feel since it's on Main Street vs highway (is Joyce on Route 10?).

Also, if both are the same price I'd go w/ the one that's closer to where you live.

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

kim_d
01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
My parents have bought 2 cars from Mahwah Honda and have been very pleased.

Kim
Mom to 2 great kids!

tlfeehan
01-11-2007, 02:48 PM
How do you like your Pilot? I can't decide to get one or not, I am also looking at the VolvoXC90 but it is too expensive. Any drawbacks about your car? Thanks!

annasmom
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
We have had good experiences for sales and service with both DC Honda in Tenafly, and Princeton Honda in Princeton (actually it might be technically located in Montgomery).

miscelster
01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
We bought one Honda in West Essex, one in Madison. Both gave good service and competitive offers.

LD92599
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
We bought from D&C Honda but had a horrible experience! The 1st one I picked up had to be returned the following Monday (bought it Saturday) for HAIL DAMAGE (or acorns?)! You could only see the dimples in bright, bright sunlight but it was over the hood and the front part of the roofline. As soon as I brought it back they took one look at it and said to pick another one (most dealers do have a 48-72 hour return policy in place). That also meant I had to redo ALL of the paperwork. However, we also got screwed w/ the interest rate for no apparent reason (super duper credit) and only after complaining did we get it to 1/2 of what it 1st was which was in time for the 2nd round of paper.

Now though i'm happy w/ it and w/ them in general and love the Pilot!

Laura
Mom to Will

KBecks
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
jave you read odyclub.com forums yet? tons of info there nak

LBW
01-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks, all! I'm picking up my silver Odyssey on Monday from Madison Honda! I got a bunch of bids via email and asked MH to match the lowest one. They did. Such a simple, hassle-free way to negotiate!

LD92599
01-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Congrats! I *wanted* to negotiate for my Pilot this way and did a little, but found a lot of dealers unresponsive to giving quotes on email. Maybe it's the area of NJ we're in? I did end up pitting 2 or 3 dealers against the other, but didn't have the going back & forth on email that I was looking forward to!

Laura
Mom to Will

LD92599
01-12-2007, 06:53 AM
I love the Pilot! We don't use the 3rd row much at all (twice i think) and it's tight for adults. I wanted it mainly for the future and the just-in-case we have someone extra in the car situation. Love that the 3rd row folds flat, etc. Oh and I love the huge center console! I have everything there at my fingertips.

It's responsive, quiet, rides nice, etc.

Let us know what you get!

Laura
Mom to Will

LBW
01-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks! I wish I didn't have to wait until Monday!

I got the same kind of thing when I emailed dealers. When I tried to get them to go lower, they said it was as low as they were willing to go. I was lucky, though, because the lowest quotes I got (from Planet Honda and Rt 23 Honda) were really low. I was thrilled when Madison Honda said they'd match them!