PDA

View Full Version : Moved

almostamom
01-10-2007, 09:14 PM
On second thought, this belongs in a different forum.

Fairy
01-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry. Well, for us, it's not crying, but once in a blue moon, he'll just hang out in his crib for 2 hours talking to himself, the ceiling, his bed friends, whomever he happens to "see" and refuse to go to bed. He doesn't talk, but he simply won't sleep. It's hard, but not as hard as the crying. My best advice is if you're sure he's not sick to do the graduated going in thing (on a much longer scale since he's already a good sleeper) and just trust your instincts as to what to say. Not the most helpful advice ever, I know. If you'd like me to dance naked around a tree for help, lemme know.

almostamom
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm sure you dancing naked around a tree would be MUCH better than me doing it - NO ONE would want to see me wiggle and jiggle these days! Thanks for your sweet words. He did finally fall asleep after 50 minutes of sobbing - UGH!

I tried to copy and paste my original post into the b*tching forum, but somehow it got lost in the transfer. Oh well.

dules
01-10-2007, 10:01 PM
{{hugs}}

Have you tried Good Night, Sleep Tight? Or The No Cry Sleep Solution? Both have ideas and suggestions for when you're having brief issues like this, or backsliding (lol).

One thing I might suggest is that you sit in the room with him. Don't touch him, don't look at him, don't talk to him, but sit there - read a book, whatever, till he goes to sleep. Then each night you can start moving closer to the doot.

Good luck!

Mary

almostamom
01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the advice, Mary. Honestly, this is a kid whose normal routine is a kiss, put him in bed, turn on his music, and say goodnight. 90% of the time he's been that easy to put to bed. It's just the last three nights that the crying has started. I know others have it much harder than I have had it, but I felt like such a "mean mommy" for letting him cry and it just broke my heart. He's sleeping now and neither of us are permanently damaged ;) My heart goes out to any of the mamas here who've had to go through a "cry it out" period.