PDA

View Full Version : Need style help - what do you think of these shoes?

CiderLogan
01-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I am looking for some brown shoes to wear with jeans that are different from my typical loafers (which I wear all the time) and a bit less casual than my sneakers. I try to be stylish, but I don't always trust my instincts! So what do you think of these shoes? I am not sure if I am pushing the envelope too far - that is, are they too far out there? Also, what would you wear them with? I was thinking with socks and pants, but maybe they could also be worn sockless with cropped pants??

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37168.html
http://www.piperlime.com/browse/product.do?cid=4016&pid=483837&scid=483837002

TIA for your advice! :)
Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06

ETA: How do I get the photo to show instead of the URL?

Alys the Cat
01-11-2007, 09:46 AM
I like those, but a mary jane might work better with cropped pants. Merrell makes some cute styles. How about...

http://www.merrell.com/Shop/Detail.aspx?NavID=FT-TW-MOC&PID=11503

Mamma2004
01-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I love those shoes! I, too, have been looking for something different - casual, comfortable, stylish, not sneakers but not my usual clogs or boots.

Those look great and the price is better than anything similar I've found. I found a great pair of Merrells at Nordstrom (very similar style) so I splurged on myself for Christmas. If I had seen these IRL, I surely would have tried them.

Let us know if you buy them and how you like them!

Stephanie

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't personally call them very stylish but I could certainly see that they could be good every day shoes.

When I think of stylish everyday shoes I would think of some cute (non white, non bulky, non sport specific) sneakers- like these in blue:
http://www.stevemadden.com/item_image.asp?id=12910

Or if you live somewhere cold and can get away with boots I would go with some that are pointy toed, kitten heels (low enough that you can run after kids in them).

As for sockless with capris I would vote no. On "What Not to Wear" they usually say that when wearing skirts or capris (which they usually slam unless the woman is skinny and tall, especially tall) that the shoes should be a light color and not at all bulky. Those shoes aren't really bulky but the color is too dark to be seasonable in the summer. Spring you may be able to get away with them. They say that the dark color makes for a weird stopping point and that you want your legs to look as long as possible. I actually ditched my black sandals after I realized they were right and my tan sandals really look much better. All summer long I scope out footwear and have really noticed a difference.

Now, if you were to find those shoes in a lighter color than maybe. They just seem more like a winter shoe to me.

I watch way too much "WNTW." Of course, I have been disagreeing with some of their choices lately and I hate that they latch on to a rule for like a season then abandon it...it confuses me as the original rules made sense so they shouldn't go and change them!

That is my long winded reply. I really do think they are good shoes. They are sporty cute. They remind me of someone who would go rock climbing (for real or at least somewhere indoors).

GL!
Beth

psophia17
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I think those are really cute!!! I usually wear clogs or sneakers, but I'd wear those, too.

Definitely a yes with cropped pants, too. I hate wearing close-toed shoes without socks, but I think they'd be good sockless, too (or with footie socks).

(to get the photo instead of the url, the photo image has to end in jpg, or when you upload the image, you have to click that it's a jpeg in the checkbox)

newmomto3kids
01-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I think those are really cute. I have a very similar pair in black, by RocketDog. I think they are stylish. But I must add my standard disclaimer as set by DH, that if I think they are cool they are most decidedly uncool!!
Happy shopping.

mommy_someday
01-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I think they're really cute, too! I have a pair of Sketchers that are kinda similar (zigzag velcro strap instead of laces, brown with racing stripes on side). I love mine. I wear them all the time. I haven't done capris with them yet, but only because I bought them in the fall. :) I say if you like them, like the way they feel and the way they look on you - go for it! That's all that matters. Fashion is in the eye of the beholder, IMO.

mommyto4
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I was going to say Sketchers too. I have a white pair for spring/summer. They are really comfy.

BeachBum
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I think they are really cute. They would be great with jeans or khakis but I'm not sure about capris. I think it would totally depend on the pant.

jenjenfirenjen
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Those are super cute. And I own some Privo shoes (they are made by Clark's) that I love so they should be comfy. I think they'd look great with jeans and long pants. I hate cropped pants so I don't know what to tell you there. I think they'd be cute with a skirt depending on your skin tone. If you're a ghostly white as me they'd be hideous but cute in a light color.

sweetbasil
01-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Another big fan of Privos here--- I have a pair (and hopefully another few soon!) and they're so comfy and trendy. People always compliment me on them, and I have never developed a blister by wearing them! Those are really cute ones--- I've been eyeing them, and a pair of blue ones, at Dillards :)

ShanaMama
01-12-2007, 02:45 AM
I love them!
I've been looking for something comfortable, funky & dressy for the longest time & finally came to the conclusion that those three words do not work together. While I wouldn't call yours dressy, they're pretty funky & look comfortable. I love to be bold in style. I doubt you'll regret doing something 'out of the box'.