PDA

View Full Version : Reusing Cups, Bottles, etc.

Raidra
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Do you reuse the same cup throughout the day, either for you or your kids?

I know for myself, I have no problem rinsing out a cup I had water in, then putting soda in it a few hours later. I don't really do that for the kids, though, and my dishwasher definitely shows it. I'm wondering if it's "safe" to use a new bottle or sippy cup in the morning, and then rinse and reuse it when they finish it.

Oh, and I'm not talking about disposable cups, I'm talking about glass or plastic.

o_mom
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
We reuse water cups, but not milk. I try and limit it to one water sippy per child per day, but even that doesn't always happen. We still end up with a top rack full of sippy cups and plastic bowls and the bottom rack is empty.

elliput
01-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I will reuse my coffee cup several times with just a rinse out in between. DD drinks water from a straw cup or sippy and will usually just get one a day. Glasses used for milk do not get reused.

BeachBum
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Ok, I guess I'm gross.
I reuse both. I will use water for more than one day even. For milk we only drink it at meals and I will often just pop it back in the fridge and use it for lunch and dinner as well. I'm sure I've even used it the next day.
We use straw cups if it matters.

betsydenny
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Us too. I toss stuff back in the fridge all teh time and I wouldn't be surprised if DS had had a sippy of oj or milk that he worked on and had refilled over a couple of days...

Oh and water? Well they have sippys of water by their beds and they certainly don't get washed on a daily basis. Weekly may be more likely now that I think about it. But hey, its only water...

If I can't remember filling it, then I put it in the washer or if the oj or milk has been under the couch for a few hours (or days) then it gets washed.

Compulsive cleaner I am not. Kids seem ok tho! :-)
Betsy

Mamma2004
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Every morning DS gets a fresh straw cup of water and one of milk. I put his milk back in the frig between meals and he gets milk *only* at meals. Every night I put the milk cup in the dishwasher and take the water cup to his room. Next day, old water cup gets washed and we start anew.

If we go out with a straw cup, it gets put in the dishwasher once we return home. Odd, perhaps, but I feel like there are more (different?) germs on it than there would have been at home.

Stephanie