PDA

View Full Version : RSVP's to DD Birthday Party?

smzapalac
01-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I sent out invites for my DD's second b-day party. I have recieved word from 4 moms that their kids can attend. However, 8 moms have not RSVPed letting me know if their kids can/can not attend. The invite said RSVP and I put my email and phone # down to contact me. I did not put anything about 'only regrets RSVP' so I don't know if people are confussed. What would you do? Do I call these moms and ask or just assume they aren't coming? UGH!!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
call them. I didn't do that with our last party and assumed at least some of the no replies would come. So, I planned for some cushion. Well, none of the no replies came and I hate overprepared. With 8 out of 12 not relying I think you need to follow up. It's much dif't to plan for 4 kids vs 12.

I do hate when people don't RSVP. Believe me, you hurt our feelings far more by ignoring us than saying no.

Beth

pinkmomagain
01-15-2007, 04:26 PM
I am shocked at how many people do not rsvp to parties. Sometimes I have called people who did not respond, and sometimes I have not. It really depends on how many I was waiting for and how crucial it was to know for planning/$ purposes.

Gina

wencit
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Call. It is not rude to do so -- IMO, it is rude of the invitees not to RSVP.

jadamom
01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I think some people are busy or thoughtless and just forget to reply. I write on the invitation: Please RSVP to xxx-xxxx by Friday, January xx. If I don't hear from them by the deadline, I e-mail or call them.

tarynsmum
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
yep, I would call, in fact, I am calling... of all the people invited to DD's birthday parties (we have one for friends and one for family), we've heard from about 10%... it's so annoying.

calv
01-16-2007, 08:11 AM
i'm going through this NOW. I think it's so darn rude not to call or RSVP specifically when our name, date of RSVP and number is clearly on the invite. It's for a hall and they need the kids names and ages, not to boot that I also need a headcount for food. Errr, irks me so much when people do not RSVP.

jgriffin
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd call. You can always start by asking if they even received the invitation (it's possible, although unlikely, that some got lost in the mail. You could use that as your excuse if you think people will think you're too, um, pushy).

See my post in the BP. I hate it when people don't RSVP.

smzapalac
01-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Thus far, I taken the passive aggressive (aka chicken) way out. I have been emailing each mommy, just "checking in" to see how they are doing. Some, when replying back to me, mention in their message, whether their kiddo is able to attend. For those I don't hear from by Fri. I am going to call them directly. Thanks for your input.

ajmom
01-17-2007, 11:43 PM
On our invites, we put "RSVP ASAP becasue we don't have ESP" and it's amazing how many people respond! I guess they think it's funny and then it sticks in their monds to call.

If I wasn't sure, I'd probably not call. I'd just plan for somewhere in the middle...

smzapalac
01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
good idea for the RSVP line!