PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the industrial/organizational psychology field?

firsttimemommy
01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I am getting ready to start my masters and this field has always intrigued me. Does anyone have (or anyone you know and can comment on) this training and if so, what types of work do you do? What should I expect work-wise with a Masters in this field?

I am a certified teacher and may just continue in the Education field for my graduate education (prob instructional technology, reading or counseling), but I wanted to explore other interesting options first...

Thanks!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2007, 06:34 PM
3 things...

1. My mom has been on my case for years telling me to persue this so I will be keeping an eye on this thread. :)

2. Bumping this up.

3. Love your signature line!

Beth

amyinNC
01-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I have a masters in I/O Psychology... I imagine there might not be too many others on this board, but who knows. Feel free to email me or pm me and I'll give you more details. I'd hate to bore everyone on the boards :)

Overall, I think it was a fun degree. Lots of statistics, psychological testing type stuff, organizational behavior - very fascinating to me. I took additional masters classes in international business and human resources and then pursued work more closely related to that. I did international human resources consulting, and then managed an international human resources program for a large software company for many years - before staying home with my boys.

Amy

firsttimemommy
01-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Hi Amy! Thanks for your reply, I will PM you!

Beth I will forward the info Amy gives me to you :)

Thanks!
Ronda
Proud Mommy to 2 adorable munchkins - 1/03 and 4/04

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes........that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes."