PDA

View Full Version : Have to ask (going crazy here) how do you stand the wait if you are TTC?

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I am going crazy waiting for enough days to go by to be able to test. I am so tempted to go to my CNM and ask for a blood test just so I could know a bit sooner. :)

This is only month one so odds are we have more months ahead of us. I am so impatient! I am always trying to tell people to relax and just hang in there at the end of pregnancy and I think I will be able to practice what I preach. But, I just want to know!

How in the world did others pass the time? Last time it was easy b/c my cycles were so irregular. This time they had been like clockwork until this month.

Could use any advice or insight from other impatient moms out there. :)

Beth

megs4413
01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
we just kept "practicing" for next cycle...you could try that .....

or you could go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of dollar tests and just waste them...but beware: you'll get really tired of seeing a negative result over and over again and may get discouraged cause you're testing too early. it took me til CD30 or something to get a positive with this one...

you could also join a TTC board, though, it made me more INTENSE about TTC, not less.....

hope your 2ww goes quickly and leads to your BFP!!!!! babydust to you!

tarabenet
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm considering drugs, myself. Like the ones they use for "twilight sleep" for medical procedures. Or whatever they use to induce a medical coma.

First month? Don't go for the blood test. It only makes it worse.

I wish I could tell you it gets easier with practice, but after all these months/years, it just gets worse every time. Maybe this will help though: even though the odds of getting a BFP on the first cycle are low, the odds of you having to wait through very many cycles are much much lower! Just hang in there.

SnuggleBuggles
01-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank you both!

It took 2 years to TTC with ds so I have no idea how I made it through that. :)

Good luck, Benet!

beth

val01
01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I charted for several months before DH and I started TTC. I *knew* on day 7 or 8 past ovulation that I was pregnant. I confirmed on Day 9 with a Target test.

I would agree with the pp that staying off the TTC boards is a good idea. It just makes the wait longer!

Valerie

bostonsmama
01-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Hugs...lots of us have been there.

I'm going to provide a voice of dissent in regards to the ttc boards, but also let you know that it suits my personality, so it may not be for you.

I found that being in a supportive environment full of women who had the exact same concerns, shared the same idosyncracies prior to testing, and had experience with charting, doctors visits and resources such as books, websites, and software was very comforting. In fact, I wouldn't have known to look for a more technical diagnosis of infertility for myself if it hadn't been for reading about the various problems other women had and following the advice of others who knew my situation needed more attention. It actually led me to suspect my dx of PCOS, and after asking my DR for the test, he confirmed it. And as I've entered more technical realms over the past couple of years, I've found my ttc, sif, and other reproductive support groups to be an invaluable source of comfort, friendship and information.

I guess it just depends on your personality. It doesn't take a group to make you neurotic and obsessed with ttc. It's all about what you put into it and take away from it. As many others here have proven, the "relax and let it happen" can only work after you know the basics.

Good luck to you in your journey. May it be short and less stressful. Prayer and information have become great comforts to me. If you're interested in joining a ttc board specifically for mamas on this board, please feel free to PM me.

TraciG
01-16-2007, 09:43 PM
I feel the SAME I am also TTC last month I bought the test they they say you can use up to 5 days early, really it's 4 days before you are expecting your period . It is almost like a game, after sex you wonder did we do it, exciting I think but I am also so impatient !

Tonight is my peak night so we'll be trying & then I'll be waiting just like you ! :)

EllasMum
01-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I conceived DD through IUI, and on the cycle that finally worked (lucky #7!), I had tingly nipples (sorry, TMI??!) on day 8 so did a test. Negative. Sad. By day 10 did another test. Still negative. More sad. By day 14 - no AF, so reluctantly (yes, curiously) I did another test - and got the long awaited BFP! That was an emotional time - those negative tests. The fertility clinic nurses told me (after the IUI) to wait until 16 days after the procedure, and if no AF, to call them to have a pregnancy test requisition faxed to a lab of my choosing. I did that, already knowing that I had the BFP on a home test, and got a call later that day confirming what I already knew - BFP. The nurse told me it was positive, and I sort of calmly thanked her - and she acted all surprised and sort of put out and asked if I had "cheated and tested myself" - UM, YES! Does anyone WAIT?? Day 16?? Are they crazy?! Teehee! :-)

Good luck with your TTC! Sending baby thoughts your way!

tarabenet
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
16 days after IUI? They have to be kidding! Even my RE's office didn't think anyone waited the "mere" 12 days they suggested! Not after IUI, especially if I'd been doing injectibles first! Sheesh!

shilo
01-17-2007, 04:24 AM
i totally understand where you're coming from. i very much have that personality trait too. once i finally make up my mind about something, i want it done and crossed of the list - yesterday! fwiw, i found the first month to be the hardest. another thing that has helped me with a difficult pregnancy/PP with sam and then thinking about trying again is the thought that had i not gone thru that, i wouldn't have HIM. i wouldn't change any of it, not the waiting (which for us really wasn't long all things considered), not the pregnancy or his delivery or its tolls on my body b/c without those, he wouldn't be in my life. so maybe you can think of it that way. the wait and any trials and tribulations along the way are what they are, because in the end, what you get out if it is this perfect soul that will be a part of your family forever. i'm not 'zen' about many things - i'm just too impatient :), but i guess i am a little more now about this. wishing you peace while you wait - and speaking from my experience last time around, don't forget to 'smell the roses' while you're waiting.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Any word yet?

I am either 12 days late or 5 days late depending on which cycle I had. I have now used 3 tests- all negative. Still no AF (which is usually quite reliable) so I will just keep waiting and test every week until I get a + or AF shows up. :)

I may have to do Meg's idea and head to the dollar store!

GL!
Beth

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the baby dust! Hoping for the same outcome here. Got that tingling too so maybe that means something...;)

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Awwww...that was so wonderfully expressed. And it did help me find patience this week. :) Thank you, Lori.

Beth

SnuggleBuggles
01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I think I also need to stay away from the TTC boards (well, actually I jumped the gun and went to a due in Sept. board). It's driving me crazy having negative tests when these othe moms have already tested positively. I just don't know how someone with an EDD of the 29th could have a + test yet. I decided it was time to just walk away instead of obsess about signs. :)

Beth