PDA

View Full Version : If you have Oakley sunglasses...

hudsonam
01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
particularly the wire/metal ones, were they tight when you first got them? I had a pair of the C Wires before, but I bought them used from a friend of mine, so they were already broken in. I lost them a couple weeks ago :( and just ordered a few pairs from Zappos to try, and the wire ones I ordered (A Wires) are tight, but I like the way they look. The plastic ones are nice, but my eyelashes always touch. Of course, they are the cheaper ones and the wire ones are really pricey. :(

I just want to make sure the wire ones will stretch out. I can definitely see them being uncomfortable after wearing them for a little while.

shilo
01-18-2007, 01:51 AM
i do wear oakley's, but the half jackets. fwiw, the plastic does stretch a little over time. although, much moreso on my rootbeer frames than on my black frames. not sure what the Awires are made of, but my DH had some titanium frameless wire's that definitely gave a little with time. in his case, this wasn't a good thing b/c it stressed the screw point in the lens, eventually to the point where it split and the glasses are trash.

sorry i can't be more helpful.
lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

kellyotn
01-18-2007, 10:40 AM
I thought you could send Oakleys in? My husband has in the past, anyways. He wears the popular plastic ones. When they broke he'd just send them in and they'd replace them. It might have cost a bit of money. The last pair, they did send a rather ugly green set of frames, but he uses those for work/safety glasses.

My wire Oakleys did stretch after a while.

hudsonam
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the replies! I ended up getting a pair of Maui Jims that luckily my DH can get at cost at his work!!!! I'm so excited, because they were really pricey. I loved my Oakleys, but the MJs are really light weight and comfortable.

chiqanita
01-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Bought DH a pricey pair two years ago and within 6-9 months something weird was happening to the tint on the actual eyepiece, it looked wrinkled and flakey. We went back to the store and they said they couldn't do anything about it to contact their headquarters.

All that to say, we won't be buying Oakley again anytime soon. Sorry, I know you didn't ask but thought I'd share.

shilo
01-18-2007, 05:44 PM
oh, sorry, i totally didn't make that clear. the titanium wires that gave way at the lens were Silhouette (optometrist brand - its what NASA uses for the astronauts) not oakley. the store where we pruchased refered us to the manufacturers CS. when i called their CS number, i was told they hadn't been taken care of properly if they'd been allowed to flex to the point of splitting out of the lens. i beg to differ. when it comes to eyewear, my DH is one of those anal types who takes the case to dinner just so he has somewhere to put the glasses at the restaurant. i don't mind that the store we bought from refered us back to the manufacturer. i _DO_ mind that the manufacturer didn't do anything about it and blamed us for what i consider to be a clear manufacturing defect. so long story short, we don't buy Silhouette's anymore.

anyway, we're both incredibly picky about optics mostly because of the huge importance of un-distorted peripheral vision for driving/cycling. so when you start looking at optics technologies and then combine that with a frame that my toddler can't destroy, it's hard to beat oakleys! i love em.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.