PDA

View Full Version : X POST--Reality Layette (No response)...Laundry Question???

denna
01-17-2007, 01:21 AM
How do you get an article of clothing (DC's) that is not *all* white but mostly white completely clean and looking like new again? DS has a mostly white body suit w/ graphics and dark green and blue 'cuffs' on the sleeves, with washing it has now become a dingy off-white color, how can I make it white again w/o harming the other colors?

TIA,

Marisa6826
01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Have you tried Oxyclean? You can also try putting it in the sun to whiten the white portion of the outfit.

-m

Saccade
01-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Yup -- the sun has been good to us here. I mean, in this regard (in our household) as well as in general for life on earth :)

[FONT COLOR="#006600"]Come get wild and wooly with us!
http://s14.invisionfree.com/BBB_Knitters/index.php?act=idx[FONT]

shilo
01-17-2007, 01:54 AM
have you tried either some clorox 2 or biz (non-chlorine/color safe bleach)? i also find vinegar instead of fabric softener every once in a while seems to help things look whiter (on the advice of something i read here a long time ago - i think it helps get some of the soap/softener residue out of the fibers which can make them look dingy?). also, those clorox gel pens work great for mostly white with graphics onesies in my experience. just be careful not to get the gelpen too close to a colored part of the garment (like the cuffs). works fine on my embroidered gymbo stuff - their thread doesn't seem to be particularly suseptible to bleach if i have a some on a spot that is right near the embroidery/graphic - but their cuffs definitely are!

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.