PDA

View Full Version : Music sites- what are the best ones?

MrsZaz
01-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I need to download some music for my new mp3 player. I have been to walmart.com but it seems like every song I wanted either wasn't available (need to buy the album) or the only version was a remnix (I liked the original better). Does anyone have a favorite site? any recommendations?

Thank you

Colleen

SnuggleBuggles
01-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Only used iTunes and been so happy there that I haven't bothered looking elsewhere. I love the links along each page that can guide you to other new songs or artists (iMixes, iTunes Essentials...). Easy to buy music and make up playlists.

Beth

MrsZaz
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I liked itunes as well until I realized that I couldn't use the files on my mp3 player -- it's NOT an ipod.

Thanks for replying

Colleen

jenmcadams
01-18-2007, 09:01 PM
There are probably other options, but you can convert iTunes files to .mp3 format...if you do a google search of search this forum, you can find the instructions (it's time for bedtime here, so I don't have time or I'd try to piece it together for you).

kellyotn
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I think the long and short of it is that you need to download it, burn it to a CD, THEN convert from CD to MP3. I'm sure there's a "dummies guide to ipod > MP3 out there". ;)

www.emusic.com is another one to check into. I don't have any experience with it though. They do have a free trial so you can see if they the songs you want.