PDA

View Full Version : sesmae street party ideas?

mommabear
01-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I am throwing a party for my sons 2nd birthday and need ideas for food and games. Please help make it great.
thanks

writermama
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Hmm. How about "This Birthday Party has been brought to you by the letter __." You can label things around the room/house with the letter and/or have the kids go on a scavenger hunt for things that belong with a letter.

writermama
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Hmm. How about "This Birthday Party has been brought to you by the letter __." You can label things around the room/house with the letter and/or have the kids go on a scavenger hunt for things that belong with a letter.

June Mommy
01-19-2007, 03:33 PM
I had my son's 2nd birthday party (Elmo theme) at Gymboree, and they had a policy against homemade food (grrrr) so we did Chick-fil-a trays. So I'm not a wealth of help with food and games but I'll tell you what we did, anyway!

I had his cake made from a Wilton Elmo face cake pan, and I had a 'smash cake' for DS made to look like Dorothy's fishbowl. I put his #2 candle in that one, since Dorothy usually has some sort of decor inside the bowl.

I had DS a shirt made with Elmo's face and his name embroidered on it. I got the idea from some that I saw for sale on ebay.

I also had the Apple & Eve Sesame Street juice boxes for the kids. I just used Elmo, but they have 5 different characters. You can get a big case of them at BJ's/Sam's.

I made up the favor bags myself. I used plain red and yellow gift bags. Inside I had a Take n' Toss straw cup (Sesame Street theme), Elmo candy pops I made with an Elmo candy mold and Wilton candy melts, a box of Crayons, an Elmo juice box, a snack pack of Goldfish crackers, and some soap I made in goldfish soap molds.

I made the invitations to look like Elmo's face out of cardstock and printed the inside. Also printed address labels for the invitations with Elmo's face.

That's all I can think of right now. Check birthdaypartyideas.com for tons more ideas. HTH!

kijip
01-19-2007, 07:14 PM
We did Sesame Street for Toby;s 2nd birthday too!

I made a Big Bird Cake in a wilton cake pan. Easy enough to do, the pans make it pretty easy. He got some more vintage Sesame Street books (he loves those!) and we did Sesame Street themed favors, including rubber duckies for Ernie. We did not really do games because his parties are always at the beach and that is sort of the fun. Also I think most 2 year olds (especially since there were a lot of 1 year olds at his party) are too young to really get into games. I served up very cold yogurt in cones with sesame seed sprinkles for the birdseed ice cream that Big Bird loves. :)

mommabear
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the ideas.
I would love some more.
thanks