PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have or know about Unitrin Direct Auto Insurance?

Emmas Mom
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm shopping around for a new Auto Insurance company (do you all be jealous now) & stumbled across this company. After entering all the info & getting the limits I want it seriously is more than $250.00 less than what we're paying now (for a 6 month premium). I've never heard of them & am wondering why it's so much less. Does anyone have them or know about them or know of a website to check out an insurance company's reputation?

Momof3Labs
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm familiar with the company. They are a smaller company with an A rating from AM Best, which is a good rating. I'm not familiar with their customer service, but for a good savings on auto insurance, I'd be inclined to give it a shot - you can always change in a year!

Emmas Mom
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I tried to access AM Best but you have to register with your company info?? I agree, I'm going to talk to DH & see if he wants to give them a try. :)

Momof3Labs
01-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Mmmm, I was able to use my company's AM Best subscription to check the rating there...

Emmas Mom
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Ah ha...see, it pays to have friends in high places! ;)

stefani
01-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Our insurance is with them. It used to be called something else, but it escaped my mind now...

We have been happy with them, although I was checking out Farmers Insurance since we have our home insurance through them.

Good luck!