PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT: Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommyoftwo
01-21-2007, 09:38 AM
We are getting ready for the big game hear at our house. I'm washing all of our bears outfits now so we can wear them while watching the game. Even the girls have outfits to wear. I know there are a lot of chicagoans on the boards so I figured that there were other people who could share in my excitement. Let's cheer them on today. :D

gordo
01-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Da Bears!!!!

We had Bears day at the school I work at on Friday and got to watch the Superbowl Shuffle! Ahhh - those were the days. Bring back my Punky QB :)

mommyoftwo
01-21-2007, 10:10 AM
LOL, I loved the superbowl shuffle. They were so cool.

LarsMal
01-21-2007, 10:20 AM
We're not in Chicago, but DH grew up in Illinois, so I am Cubs fan by marriage and now a Bears fan, too (especially since the Redskins STINK!).

DH won't wear his Bears stuff on game day, though. He thinks it will jinx the team. He and DS both have stuff to wear. I guess if they win today DS will have to wear his shirt tomorrow!

It's going to be a little stressful in this house for the next few hours! GO BEARS!

nicoleandjackson
01-21-2007, 11:15 AM
WAHOO!!! Go Bears!

Searching for a not-terribly-overpriced t-shirt or sweatshirt for DS to wear today. Wish me luck!

Nicole
Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

table4three
01-21-2007, 11:55 AM
DS is dressed in his gear and ready to "help" mom and dad watch the game!

saschalicks
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
GO BEARS!!!!

ETA: Like LarsMal we are not in Chicago or Illinois, but my DH is from Chicago and therefore by marriage the teams are my IL's :) At least I like the teams better then my IL's. Hee Hee!

mudder17
01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Loved the Superbowl Shuffle! I was living in Chicago at that time and it was such a fun time. :)

Eileen

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33734.gif 34 months...

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/1.png

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/6wrn/2.png

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/33732.gif for Leah

LarsMal
01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
LOL!!! Me too! Now, if only my real IL's had the $$ the players have, then maybe I'd like them more :-)

Julie

ellies mom
01-21-2007, 02:10 PM
DH grew up in the Chicago area also, so it is all about the Bears in the this house too. He has to work today so he is trying to figure out the best time to come home for lunch and maximize his game watching time. I'm sure he wore his Bears shirt to work.

knaidel
01-21-2007, 02:34 PM
Just came back from Jewel. Was one of the only customers not decked out in blue and orange, which tipped me off that something big is happening today (I did not know!)
The cashier was wearing this shirt "My favorite teams are the Bears and whoever is playing the Packers."

mommyoftwo
01-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, we aren't in chicago anymore either but both grew up there. I too like the team more than my inlaws. :D

Nooknookmom
01-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Go BEARS here too! Even though we're now in LA! I loooved the Superbowl Shuffle. I hope they make it there this time!!! PS-It's just not the same to watch a Bears game when your not in Chicago, sniff!

set81616
01-21-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm from VA but somehow I have loved the bears since I was in 4th or 5th grade. This is going to be stressful. We have people over so I can't TIVO it and fast forward. ACKKKKK!
Shannon

Nooknookmom
01-21-2007, 06:56 PM
BEARS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's been 21 years since their last Superbowl. Boy do I feel old!

I'd much rather be in the city in the snow celebrating than sitting here in sunny Cal. writing about it though, grrr.

Cross fingers for Superbowl day!

table4three
01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Yay! Go Bears!!!

For your viewing pleasure (the 86 Bears Superbowl Shuffle):
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69344/super_bowl_shuffle/

mommyoftwo
01-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, no kidding. We were watching the game with some of the other surgery residents from Chicago and the girlfried of one of them had never heard of the superbowl shuffle. Then she realized that she wasn't born until later that year. It sure made me feel old.

maestramommy
01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I remember when the Bears made it to the Super Bowl last time (was it 20 years ago?). I would totally excited if they made it again.

ETA: Go Super Bowl Shuffle! Used to play on TV every day. We loved it, even the guys who obviously couldn't rap or dance :P

lmintzer
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Go Bears! I remember Super Bowl '85! Yep, I'm dating myself (I was in junior high).

I loved Walter Payton! When I was little kiddo, I remember saying I was going to marry him. LOL! And the Fridge--anyone remember him? The Super Bowl Shuffle was too funny.

How scary is it that I still remember some of the lyrics!

luvmypeanut
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
WhoooHoooo!! I'm a Bears fan by marriage.

himom
01-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Woo hoo!

I've been a fan since Da Bears did the Superbowl Shuffle when I was in elementary school. I'm so excited that they made it this year!

gordo
01-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I know ALL the lyrics!!!

DDowning
01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, I was hoping for an '86 rematch. But since the Pats just lost - Go Bears!!!! :)

Nooknookmom
01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
LMAO!!!! I don't remember the video seeming that cheesy when it first came out. Hee, hee, hee!

saschalicks
01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
DS#2's middle name is Payton after Walter. We all call him "sweetness".

saschalicks
01-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Looks like a Bears themed b-day/Superbowl party for DH here in Los Angeles. I'm buying the whole family Bears gear even the dog! I can't wait to share pictures.

ETC: error

caheinz
01-22-2007, 12:24 AM
On Friday, one of the local shows on NPR played the "Superbowl Mumble" (old tune, new lyrics).

I suspect it will be played more in the next two weeks!

GO BEARS!

(And to another OP: yeah, if you're a Bears fan, you don't like the Packers, so you root for whoever's playing them by default!)

Edited to add a link: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-V2VFh2YwU> The video for the Superbowl Mumble!

Fairy
01-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Yippee!!! We were stuck at the KC apriport from noon till nearly 10pm waiting for our delayed, delayed, cancelled, rebooked, delayed, delayed, undelayed, re-delayed flight back to Chicago. Don't. Get. Me. Started. However, this way, we actually got to see the whole game on the airport TVs, and BOY was it great! No turnovers, no picks, some great passes! And some not so great passes. Drr. But we won! I say again . . .

. . . We are the Bears shufflin' crew!

If only the Colts didn't look so darned hugry ...

JoyNChrist
01-22-2007, 02:45 AM
NO fan here (in Louisiana, so I have to be), but I must say your boys deserved to win. So congrats!

Of course, I'm blaming the Saints' loss on the snow, just to make myself feel better. Our poor LA boys were just too cold! :-)

C99
01-22-2007, 03:32 AM
>How scary is it that I still remember some of the lyrics!

I remember the lyrics, too. DH, who is a huge football fan (I could not care less about it), and his brother (also a huge football fan) totally make fun of me for knowing the lyrics to it - they didn't live in Chicago at the time and thought it was such a joke.