PDA

View Full Version : Why do they love The Princess Bride?

fortato
01-22-2007, 07:20 PM
About a week ago, there was the post about our favorite movies. A lot of us posted that our DH's love "The Princess Bride".

Why does yours love the movie?

Mine says it's because of Andre the Giant.

(I always like Miracle Max "To Blathe... that means to bluff..."

Kristen

kedss
01-22-2007, 07:37 PM
I think they like it because its not so girly. That's why I like it!
I love Wesley, I love Inigo and Andre the Giant. :) And of course Miracle Max and his wife...'humpedink humpedink humpedink' LOL :)

katiesmommy
01-22-2007, 07:45 PM
You know, my DH doesn't like it. I love it, can't get enough of it. But possibly because it has everything in it. It's girly, so they know we will like it, but it's not too girly. Just a theory.

pb&j
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
My DH doesn't like it either. Whenever it's on TV and we watch it together, he peppers me with silly questions the whole time until I give up and turn it off. Sigh.

-Ry,
mom to Max the one year old
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

kijip
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I have no idea. My husband loves that movie. I frankly can not stand it. He has to watch it alone if he wants to re-watch it.

I think it might be the over the top sillyness for him but for me it is just plain over the top, LOL.

SnuggleBuggles
01-22-2007, 09:21 PM
"Because it's funny," says dh.

I like it because it's funny, has romance, adventure...and Cary Elwes is HOT!

:) Beth

JoyNChrist
01-22-2007, 10:19 PM
DH could take it or leave it, but I LOVE it. It's seriously my favorite movie of all time.

I just love that it's intentionally over-the-top stupid, but still funny. And I love Inigo. And Miracle Max and his wife ("I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!").

Oh yeah, and sword-fighting is hot. Shame there's no use for it these days...

MayB
01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I think it's because of the relationship between the little boy and his grandfather. When he says, "as you wish" at the end, he always tears up.

tarynsmum
01-23-2007, 09:52 AM
DH will watch it, but he's not crazy about it (but then, he has weird taste... he loves the "American Pie" movies...)

I love it because it's HILARIOUS, in the way that Monty python is hilarious.

Radosti
01-23-2007, 10:27 AM
My ex-boyfriend in college used to say that it's the perfect party movie, the more drunk you are, the funnier it is.

Sillygirl
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Sadly, Cary Elwes is hot in that movie - and no other. Why is that? I thought for sure he'd be a huge star after Princess Bride, but everything else I've seen him in, he looks icky.

Still love the movie though. DH could take it or leave it, I think.

robinsonbn
01-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Hehe I just saw this post and had to laugh. DH and I watched it tonight and as usual he was quoting the whole movie :) I love it, DH is into those types of movies but I love it because its funny and sweet and just great. Plus I heart Andre the Giant...u just wanna give him a hug. I was so sad when he died.

robinsonbn
01-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Hehe I just saw this post and had to laugh. DH and I watched it tonight and as usual he was quoting the whole movie :) I love it, DH is into those types of movies but I love it because its funny and sweet and just great. Plus I heart Andre the Giant...u just wanna give him a hug. I was so sad when he died.