PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl: Who should I root for?

jgriffin
01-23-2007, 03:26 PM
DH and I are hosting a small Superbowl party. Since the people we invited don't care about football (and neither do we), we'll probably wind up Tivo-ing the game and skipping to the commercials and impressive looking plays. It's really just an excuse to eat chili and drink beer (oh, no beer for me this year, bummer.) And laugh at the overpriced commercials that aren't as good as they were during the DotCom Bubble. :)

But I feel I should root for someone, so I at least have a small personal stake in the game. So help me decide who to root for and why!

Jen

ChefGirl
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Let me be the FIRST to vote for COLTS! Go Colts! I really are rooting for Manning and Dungy. I have a small bet going with someone at work. We'll see what happens.

GO COLTS!

lilycat88
01-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Colts. 'Cause they're genuinely pretty nice guys (the ones I've met through work in marketing at a hospital) and it's about freakin' time. :-)

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

“We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.� --Unknown

madelinesmom
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM
How can you not love Peyton Manning... I don't know what he is like IRL but you never see him on the news acting an a$$.

Not that any of the bears do this either but IMO it is Peyton's turn, Rex has plenty of years to come back...

Jane
Madeline 1/20/03
Emily 11/29/05
http://b4.lilypie.com/l3-em6/.png
http://b1.lilypie.com/-FG1m6/.png

millerpjm
01-23-2007, 04:12 PM
'DA BEARS!!!!!

Jen

dules
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM
This Pats fan says bet on the Bears. Sorry Colts fans but I think the Bears defense will be really rough on Peyton.

Mary

Lovingliv
01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I agree with Mary...lookout Peyton.....better hope your line steps up cause those Bears are BIG.

I don't care for Peyton cause he is ALWAYS yelling at his guys....now Eli I could get behind.

Huge Pats Fan here....so I say since none of you really care...
root for the Patriots.... :)
There is always next year!

pittsburghgirl
01-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Da Bears.

I lost a lot of respect for Peyton last year when he said after the loss to the Steelers, "I don't want to point any fingers, but there were protection problems." That WASN'T pointing fingers?

Plus, I find his frenetic running back and forth along the line changing up the plays to be hugely annoying to watch. I like and respect Tony Dungy, but I could care less if Peyton ever wins a Super Bowl.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

jacksmom0902
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM
We are big fans of Peyton Manning in this household. Go Colts!!!

elliput
01-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Wardrobe malfunction, definitely. ;-)

lilycat88
01-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Depends on the entertainment dont'cha think. Isn't Prince the half-time show this year? I shudder to think of the wardrobe malfunction *shudder*

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

“We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.� --Unknown

MelissaTC
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Totally rooting for the Colts!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOO to the Bears.

jgriffin
01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I was excited last year because Paul McCartney did the half-time show, and it had to be the lamest ever. I think the organizers were trying to play it safe. Yeah, I don't want a wardrobe malfunction this year. :)

Fairy
01-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Oooh, harsh, man. Boo to the booing!

If the Colts win, then at least Peyton Manning is a decent person, and they've got a really great coach.

-- Fairy

Go Bears.

jgiovagn
01-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I am rooting for the Bears. They're the underdog, plus my 90-year-old Grandpa is a HUGE fan! Is that enough of a reason for you? :)

Jean